Chapter three

Bilbo left Hobbiton and The Shire.

The dwarfs where already very far but, fortunately, they were walking slowly, and Bilbo was running very fast.

When he saw them at the horizon, he yelled at them.

– Hey! Wait!!!

A few meters ahead the dwarfs and Gandalf heard a familiar voice!

When they noticed it was from Bilbo, all of them felt excited!
All except Thorin, that felt so angry at the hobbit he couldn't look at him... After all he said to Bilbo about the dangers of the trip, the hobbit chose to ignore him and come.

Thorin's eyes filled with anger and fear as he furiously glanced at Bilbo.

Bilbo was very excited to see Thorin again after the words they shared, but when he saw his raged stare towards him, he felt like Thorin had played with his feelings... twice.

The dwarfs gave Bilbo a pony.

Thorin shook his head in disapproval and turned his sight away from Bilbo.

Bilbo was already regretting his decision. His heart was now aching again.

Later that day they found a cave to camp on the edge of a mountain.

Thorin didn't say a word to Bilbo all day.

----------

It was bedtime already, when they heard roars coming from a couple miles away.

–W-what is that?? – Bilbo stuttered.

Fili and Kili, (Thorin's nephews), loved a little smile, and they saw the perfect opportunity to joke with the situation.

– Those are orcs! – Fili muttered. – Thousands of them! And if they happen to find us, they will torture us before slowly killing us.

– Oh right, Master Boggins! You should have had some training before coming with us! But if you want, I can teach you, so that you can delay your death time! – Kili smirked.

– Enough! –Thorin shouted. – Do you think this is funny, you fools? Making jokes about orcs, is not something you should be doing! Have I made myself clear?

– Yes, uncle Thorin... – they murmured with their heads down.

Bilbo realized they were playing with him. It should be a family thing... To play with his emotions.

However, he had never seen an orc, and Thorin sounded like they were creatures up to no good.

Bilbo followed Thorin and finally gained the courage to talk to him.

– T-Thorin! – Bilbo stuttered – Can you explain to me what those orcs are?

– I believe you'd prefer to ask that to another dwarf, or perhaps Gandalf, because I don't think you would listen to me ... – Thorin retorted with a cold voice.

– Ah... – Bilbo sighed. – I actually thought you'd be happy to see me...

Thorin gulped as he stared into Bilbo's light green eyes, shining from the moonlight.

Deep down inside, he was glad to see Bilbo's tiny cute body in front of him again! It was mysteriously pleasant in some way.

However, the more he looked into those innocent forest green eyes, the more he felt anxious, because Bilbo would probably get killed. And his anxiety made him feel angry.

– No. I am not. – Thorin lied in an aggressive tone. – You have no idea what you've put yourself into...

Thorin went back to the cave and sat next to the fire to sleep.