Of Innocence

The rain poured down on your new dress, the cold wind sticking your wet hair to your face, and your wet petticoat to your legs. They left you again, your parents always did this. You where always an afterthought, which means you ended up walking across redgrave alone. It was late already, around 9-ish, and if being a girl walking at night wasnt enough... being 17 didn't help. You've tripped on this ugly, clunky marryjanes all night. Your nylons full of holes and runs.

Your ankles ached from the constant rolling, and you had miles to go. Your stomach growled and your chest ached. You were taken to fancy dinner parts as an accessory, not allowed to touch any of the food. Just sit, be quiet, and be pretty. You hadn't eaten since this morning. In this world anything could happen, maybe you'll be jumped and raped. Or worse -or maybe better, who knows- attacked and slaughtered by demons. It was one of those two, and you've felt eyes on you all night.

As you continue walking the rain gets heavier, and the thunder louder. Your gaze is locked on the pavement in front of you. You only noticed the feeling-or lack there of- of rain missing. An umbrella had been held over you. "Ah, hello there Little Wanderer. What makes a small flower such as yourself out this late?" You looked up at the raven man. Dark hair and tattoos, but a warm smile and distant eyes that ached for something far away.

"My parent's left me behind.

"Again."

You smile up at him, the most beautiful man you'd ever seen. His expression turned to one of worry, concern. His soft smile returned quickly. "How irresponsible, I'm sure you are aware of how dangerous it is out here. Lets get you home, shall we?" His voice came out, soft as silk and you feel your face warm. You knew that a man like this could be dangerous, yet the cane he leaned on so desperately made you think otherwise.

The two of you walked side by side, him holding the umbrella as you guided him along the barely lit Redgrave streets. Time seemed to pass faster now that you're not alone, even in the easily broken silence. "Tell me, what is your name Little Wild Flower?" You glanced at him, than back at the clunky shoes you wore. "Y/n. Y/n L/n." There was a soft hum before a chuckle. "A lovely name. Fits you perfectly."

The streets lead from lower end buildings and schools to upper end mansions and large homes for the men and women who would their souls and happiness away for greed and lust. "You now. Your name." You say, after minutes of working up the courage. "Please?" He let's out a joyous sigh "I have no name; I am but two days old..." Just kidding. You can call me V." You smile and let out a soft giggle. Which he seemed receptive to.

The spaces between homes got larger and soon, your own came into view. You live a privileged existance, you know this. There are advantages to a life as yours, yet so many disadvantages to how you live it. Not even your approaching home that had no warmth for you. It was none but a house in which you slept and learned. As you reach the front steps, you see their car is not here. The must've headed out of town again instead of coming home. With a sigh you turn to your travel partner with a smile.

"Thank you very much, V. I appreciate the help." He smiles, resting his hand on the top of your head, pushing the ugly hair peice your mother had placed there away. His hand slides down from its spot down the side of your face. Cupping your cheek softly. You feel the cold of his rings against the warmth of both your skin and his. He leans down to your height, after all he towers over you, and places a soft kiss on the spot his hand used to rest.

"No, little wild flower, thank you."
_______________

You've seen your parents twice since that night, and your mysterious travel partner not once. Speaking of not once, not once did your parents apologize or even speak to you. You saw them once for dinner, and another for another party. Where you were thrown about as a toy, an accessory to gawk at. Not that you bothered to care anymore, only on your mind was 'I have no name; I am but two days old' it replayed over and over in your head until it finally clicked.

Infant Joy.

I have no name 
I am but two days old.— 
What shall I call thee?
I happy am 
Joy is my name,— 
Sweet joy befall thee!
Pretty joy!
Sweet joy but two days old,
Sweet joy I call thee; 
Thou dost smile. 
I sing the while 
Sweet joy befall thee.

You read from the book of Blake's poems, the best place in this overzealous excuse for a home was the library. To be cooped up here, and only here, was wonderful. Freeing. You place your book mark in, the tattered black ribbon pressed against the pages. You press the book to your chest, your face heating up. 'little wild flower' you're a smart person, you knew not only did he not mean it in any way, but he was much older. In his 20s, at least.

Your small crush was inappropriate for this situation, you didn't know him. And his dark hair, pretty eyes, tattooed body, goth male hooker attire... was this the rebellion that all good kids go through? Wanting that cool goth partner to piss of their parents?

You'll most likely never see him again, and this crush with faid. But you find yourself waiting, near every door and window. Waiting. For what? Definitely not your parents, for him? Maybe. Maybe somewhere deep in your ribcage, you believed he would visit. Just once. Maybe it was the childish crush, or your crippling loneliness. But you waited.
_______________

Waiting only got you to another party, another banquet. "I'd say, fine young doll. So quiet too." The large old man you've never met before looked deep into your eyes and placed his hand under your chin. It was nothing like V's, this was a soft yet wrinkled hand gripping your chin harshly. "When the old lady croaks, I might take this new model for myself." He says, an ugly gurgling laugh releases itself out of his gut. You swallowed hard as everyone around you laughed.

His laugh sounded worse then the screeches and gurgles of the empusas. You'd rather be with the demons on the dirty streets right now. Your cheeks warm from all the attention, you should be used to it by now. "Awe look at this, the little peach is blushin. Come on darlin, you'd like it wouldn't you?" He yanked you to your feet by your arm, forcing you to dance with him. Their laughter seemed so much louder the normal.

You know if there are Angel's in heaven, they are too selfish to care about earth and humans, and let us rot in our own filth.

But, like a Horse misused upon the Road, you call to heaven for blood. Human blood. Their blood. Your eyes does not meet his, as you are pulled around the room like a doll. But out of the open doors, you see a figure shifting in the shadows. You focused hard to see whom it is in the darkness, but just as it came it was gone. And you were left in this hell of your own.
__________
1,292 words
This fic contains mentions of abuse, and an unhealthy relationship.
I do not own any of the characters mentioned in this book, they are owned by CapCom.
I do not own you, you own you. (at least I hope)