|Chapter No. 2|

The crowd slowly started to die down. King Bartra greeted everyone once again.

She lightly pulled on the chains just seeing if it would budge a bit. Of course it didn't. She looked up noticing that Bartra was looking at her. Not with anger but with pity.

How could he possibly pity her after what she had done.

She looked away in shame, she couldn't bare looking at him for what she has done to Britannia.

"Let's begin this trial, shall we?" He said, looking as if he is not ready for this.

She straightened her posture, she noticed Meliodas looked a bit stressed.

"I call forth this trial on this very day, in session." He spoke clearly.

A bead of sweat rolled down her forehead.

"(Y/n) what is your alibi, or your side to your story. Please prove to all these citizens that you are innocent." He spoke to her.

She sighed.

"I was fooled. Well, taken advantage of. A member of the Ten Commandments tricked me into poisoning Meliodas. Then I was put under a spell.. I suppose you could say I was abducted but they made me go over to their base, they made me help them conquer Britannia. I was forced against my own will."

She let out a shaky breath and continued.

"Something in my head was telling me to go with the plan for attacking Britannia.. I hated it.. I didn't want to do it but sadly.. I lost to the other side.  The sins were trying to help me but I kept pushing them away.. I didn't want to but again, I was under a spell preventing me from being my rational self.."

Bartra looked slightly hurt, he straightened his posture and looked over to her 'jury' aka the sins.

"Jury, any thing to add to that." He asked.

"Actually I do have something to add to that." Meliodas said with a slight smile.

Jumped out of the small booth he was in with the sins, and started walking in the middle of both Bartra and (Y/n).

"Having to be the victim of this poisoning, I of course take her side. I knew what she did was wrong but like she said, she was as taken advantage of, forced against her own will. I know (Y/n) would not do that if she was being her normal self, she would never do that.." He said as he looks at her and gave her a warm smile.

She quietly gasped and blushed slightly.. Meliodas focused back on the situation and looked back at Bartra.

"If you sentence her to Prison.. then that would be affecting more of your kingdom.." He said in a persuasive tone.

Bartra raised his eye brow in confusion, he was quite intrigued by what Meliodas was getting at.

"I mean, you wouldn't want to sentence one of the strongest sins to prison now would you? You would have one less person to protect Liones.. That would make it harder for yourself.. " He said lightly kicking the ground with his right foot.