🪐𝖋𝖑𝖔𝖜𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖊𝖋🪐

🕷🕯🕷

It started with an accident in a library cafe...

"I'm sorry! I should've looked where I was going." A woman apologizes profusely to me after a slight shoulder to shoulder bump.
"No worries, are you alright?"
"Yes, I am thanks. How are you?"
"I'm well, thank you."

I look down at her hands, she's holding a classic.
"Miss, have you read that book before?"
"Umm, no I haven't but I've been wanting to for a while. Is it good?"
"It's more than good, it's brilliant. It made me reflect on myself and the world I've made around me." I smile at her, adoring how her (e/c) eyes sparkle the way they do.
"That's hard to find but I'm glad you said that. I've been looking for a book like this for a while then." She smiles gently back at me with her eyes closed.

We sat down and talked for a while longer and I noticed her aura. "Do you know what nen is?" I blurt out.
"I do! I'm a hunter but I work in science."
"Can you show me your ability?"
"I can but I don't think it's going to be as exciting as you think," she chuckles out.
"I'll be the judge of that, right?"

"Good point, here goes nothing." I look into her eyes and see greenery near her arm so my eyes shift there, what a beautiful ability. "I can produce flowers! Here's one of my favorites." She cupped a pale pink Water Lily in her hands and they reached over the white table to give it to me.

"It's wonderful! Can you make any kind of plant?"
She nods cheerfully as I go to ask her one final thing.

I slide her a mini notepad, "could you write down some of your favorite plants? I'd like to research them myself."

"Sure thing!" So sweet and friendly...but easy prey. I want her flower ability for myself, it can be useful if it really works for any plant. A couple more minutes of light flirting and talking later,  she gives me back the notepad and says, "here you are, we can also head to my lab and I can show you a few of the endangered species if you'd like."

Why am I so invested? I'm not sure myself but she is so bright I can't help but want to go with her. "Yeah, let's go," this wasn't apart of the plan, but I could honestly care less. Y/N's wonderful to be around, perky and gentle, also quite intelligent.

After a few minutes, Y/N turns on the engine and starts driving to the lab where she practically lives. Her (h/c) hair moves with the wind perfectly as we continue our ride.

We arrived shortly after and she shows me around. We made our way through the place and got to her personal greenhouse. It is stunning, to say the least. It was also how Y/N knew how to mesmerize someone, hold their attention and emotions for so long that really caught me off guard. Never in my life have I met someone who can truly hold my attention as she does.

We stayed together for the rest of the evening, talking about literally anything and everything. Throughout our time, I started to feel a great amount of remorse, stealing her nen, I didn't really need to do that in the grand scheme of things. But I did. The issue is, how do I tell her? Should I?
"Y/N, I need to tell you something." I took a hard swallow. Why am I so nervous, hell, why am I even attached to her already?

"Hmm?"

Here goes nothing. "I stole something from you-"

Her facial expression wasn't cold but it wasn't happy either. She looked into my eyes and said "I know," blankly.

Wait, what? There's no way. I'm a professional how could she know-

"I felt it. At the table, I touched your hand and then the notepad. After writing the types of flowers down, it felt like apart of my body was lightly plucked from itself. I also know you're a Spider." I should've known, she was too easy, too kind.

"What are you going to do to me? Call your friends, the cops, what do you want from me?" Silence. I put my head down a bit, how was I so stupid? I deserve this, don't I?  "Well?"

"Nothing."

My head is tossed up and whips to the left, looking at her in pure curiosity. "Huh?"

"I'm not going to do anything. I let you have it, now use it. I'm curious to see what you come up with."

"So you let me steal your nen to see what I would do with it?"

"Exactly." She smiles and nods at me as I look at her in shock, what the hell is this woman on?

"What happens if you can't get it back? Did you even think of that?"

"Mmhm! That is a risk a scientist should be willing to pay. Experiments are just fancy gambles we take as fact. Now, don't get too anxious on me, I'm not good with consoling."

She teases me even after I did such an awful thing? "Well, are you gonna keep me waiting?"

"Waiting on?"
"I want you to share what you can do with my nen. Now, come on, show me what you got, spidey."