Ⓒ︎Ⓗ︎Ⓐ︎Ⓟ︎Ⓣ︎Ⓔ︎Ⓡ︎ Ⓞ︎Ⓝ︎Ⓔ︎

"Y/N"
Word Count: 2408

The clash of swords was drowned out by the distant roars of thunder and the patter of rain as two figures swung, moved, and, almost gracefully, danced in a battle with death. Sparse hisses and growls would rip from the two men’s throats as blood and rain dropped steadily down their bodies. Scratch marks, skid marks, scrapes, cuts, bruises, and for the brunette, a stab wound through his left shoulder. Both of them were currently at a stand-still, panting with narrowed eyes at the other. The man with the dog ears sighed, glancing at his opponent with an uncomfortable stare.

“U-Uh… listen, Wilbur. I don’t think either of us are going to kill the other. We’ve been a stand-still for a good few minutes.”

The other, Wilbur, narrowed his eyes further, right hand clutching his bleeding shoulder to slow the blood loss. His right ear twitched as his tail flickered around in irritation, obviously annoyed. However, the look in his eyes shone that he agreed. Neither of them were getting any closer to killing the other.

“I…” Wilbur sighed in disappointment. Neither would admit it, but the adrenalin of being in a sword fight with the other, both highly skilled fighters, was amazing and exhilarating.

“Fine. Truce for now? We both need to find somewhere to stay for the night. We can depart our separate ways when we wake up.”

Wilbur held out his hand warily as the younger approached him, wolf-like ears down in a show of exhaustion. Hesitantly, he shook the cat-hybrid’s hand before they both let go and set off to find an area of shelter. The silent and melancholy atmosphere between the two drew a heavy feeling on both their hearts. Two hybrids, once great friends, drawn to opposite sides of a war for freedom. Wilbur shook his head in an attempt to distract himself from the memories.

‘Techno would disapprove.’

Instead of reminiscing on the thoughts and memories that had clouded his mind, he took to admiring his surroundings, finding the forest with a temporary light drizzle to be quite enchanting. Wilbur sniffed the air in the hopes of getting a good reading in regards to the weather.

‘Yup. Definitely going to rain harder again later.’

The soft sound of his and the dog-hybrid’s breathing, the sound of their padding footsteps, even the sound of a squirrel scurrying home quickly - he made sure to glance at the other male, just to know he wouldn’t run off at the scent of a squirrel like he did when they were younger. It all gave him a refreshed feeling, a feeling of tranquility and content in their war-torn lives. At the thought of it, he internally winced. If he thought their lives were war-torn, he couldn’t imagine Tommy and Tubbo, hell even Nikki!

“Hey. Wil.”

Wilbur looked down at the shorter male.

“Yeah, Dream?” Based on the fact that Dream was lagging behind quite a lot, had bags under his eyes, a quivering figure, reddened cheeks, he knew what had happened to his ex-friend. He sighed and got in front of the dog boy, crouching. Dream, however, was flustered at the action.

“Th-The hell are you doing?!”

Wilbur tsked, letting himself ripple in a hiss of irritation, ushering Dream on. Dream sighed in retaliation before hopping up, latching his legs around the other’s waist and his arms loose around his neck. Wilbur put his arms at an angle, using the sides of his elbows to support the man on his back as he dipped them under his knees. Instead of a regular threatening hiss, he let out a small hiss of pain as tears stung at his eyes, more blood occurring from the stab wound that was embedded into his left shoulder.

“You didn’t e-even let me ask my,” Dream let out a sudden jolt of violent shivers, “Q-Question…”

Wilbur began shakily walking again, not letting the black dots in his vision or his shaky legs get to him. “Yeah, well,” His voice wavered ever so slightly, “You were about to pass out and I had to do something, so what is it?”