Epilogue Chapter 26

Nini POV

"Welcome home" Ricky tells me as we walk off the plane together when we've landed back in Salt Lake. It was late at night, and I yawned tiredly before pressing a gentle kiss to his shoulder. "We're not home yet." I tell him and he turns to me, grinning. "Well be in Los Angeles in a month, we'll have a new business and a new life." He murmurs as we walk together towards the baggage claim area. My heart swells as I continue to think about everything that was waiting for me and Ricky after we leave this airport.

I look up to Ricky and take in his slight smile as we walk. His shoulders are relaxed and he lifts a hand to scratch at the little stubble that was starting to appear on his face. Even after all of the hours we've been awake, he was still gorgeous. He's gentle and perfect and he's all mine. Ricky feels my gaze and glances down at me. His smile grows when he catches my eyes. "Admiring something?" He loops an arm around my waist lazily and I laugh, leaning in to his shoulder. "I will be for the rest of my life. I love you so much." Ricky hums and presses his lips to my hair. "I love you so much too baby. Let's start this life thing together." I giggle and loop my arm around his waist, squeezing gently. "Let's do this."

If you haven't already read Growing As We Go, here's the first paragraph!

Nini POV

I walk through the empty house slowly, taking in my surroundings and picking up picture frames that rest against the walls that need to be hung. Tears threaten to spill from my eyes, but only from nostalgia and happiness. I turn when I hear a voice. "Everything good baby?" I look right into the beautiful eyes of the man that I married only 2 short months ago. I simply nod and smile, desperate to feel his arms around me. Ricky embraces me and I sigh as his arm moves up and down my back soothingly. "I can't believe this house is ours." He says quietly. I pull back and take a look around my new home. I was 26, living in Los Angeles, in a beautiful new home with my husband. I still couldn't wrap my head around it. My emotions were running high and everything seemed a tad bit overwhelming to me. Somehow though, it was still overwhelming in the best way. "I can't believe it either." I whisper back to him. He smiles and when I look into his eyes, I can tell he's getting emotional as well. "I'm going to run out and get some groceries. Maybe stop by the music center and pick up a few papers I might need for the weekend." I nod and squeeze his hand as he pull away to grab his wallet off the table. Ricky and I run a music center here in Los Angeles. It's not fancy, but we have about 500 kids who are desperate to come and learn the art of musical theater, singing, and instrument playing.  The energy there is my favorite and the job is unbelievable. "I'll see you in a bit?" He asks sweetly. I smile and kiss his lips as he pulls me closer to his body. "New house ya know. We don't have to worry about being qui-" I cut him off. "Get your ass out of here Richard Bowen." I say laughing. He bursts into laughter himself and pecks my cheek. "See you soon, Mrs. Bowen" I blush and cover my face. This was all so amazing.

------------------------------

Well guys, excuse me while I CRY! We finished A Light. If you haven't already, go read my already-published story Growing as We Go. I've tried to connect these two stories. :)

I'm so grateful for all of you. Honestly you've made writing so enjoyable. You are all so wonderful.

SO much love.