Surging Love

Name: (Y/n) (L/n)

Age: 17

Quirk: (Auto-counter) his quirk makes it so his body automatically avoid and retaliates against incoming attacks and projectiles even if he doesn't see them coming.

(Y/n)'s POV

UA high, the most prestigious school in the world for anyone who dreams of becoming hero. I was a 3rd year so my time at UA was almost up. I had a bit of a rep at UA due to my quirk, but that's kinda where it ends. I was doing work studies like most of the 3rd years, but I wasn't even close to the skill level of UA's Big Three.

The Big Three were the 3 most capable students at UA. Mirio Togata, Tamaki Amajiki, and of course...Nejire Hado.

Since the day she found out what my quirk was Nejire has been asking me questions about certain details of how it works, often asking questions she already asked

"Can you dodge multiple attacks at once"

"How fast is your body able to react"

"How good are you at dodgeball"

That kind of stuff.

Though it could be a little annoying at times, I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a bit of a crush on her. I mean how could I not? She's beautiful, she's quirky, and she's a damn good hero.

Anyway, I was in the 3rd year's dorm, just looking at my phone, when a familiar voice chimed from behind me.

???: hey (y/n)...

I turned around and saw Nejire standing there.

(Y/n): hey Nejire.

Nejire: can I ask you something?

I knew this would lead to an entire jumble of questions, but I just said...

(Y/n): sure.

Nejire: ok, so you're quirk makes it so you can't be hit by an attack, right?

(Y/n): pretty much

Nejire: well, what if you were in a situation where you had to be a human shield?

(Y/n): ha, I'm sure if that were to happen there'd be a hero there whose quirk would be more a effective as a human shield. Like that 1st year, Kirishima.

Nejire: yeah, but what if you had to take a hit to protect someone, could you?

(Y/n): not sure, I doubt it though. My quirk is more of a personal defense power.

Nejire: well, what if-

She was cut off by the sound of my phone ringing.

(Y/n): hold that thought.

Nejire made a pouty face before I stood up from the couch and walked outside. I answered my phone.