Chapter 3: Servants of the Moon

Tonks found me shortly after that and I had to bid farewell to Fred. Tonks and I walked through the streets, back towards the hidden entrance of Diagon Alley. However, when we passed Flourish and Botts, I came to a halt.

"Hey, I just remembered that there's this book McGonagall recommended me," I said as casually as I could. "I'm gonna see if they have it."

"Alright."

We entered the shop and I told her which book I was looking for. She went off to search through the main floor while I searched the second floor. If I remembered correctly, the Gilderoy Lockhart books were on the second floor, near the back probably still collecting dust.

After a minute, I easily found the Lockhart section and prayed that I was right. I glanced around, but didn't see anyone. After a couple minutes, I decided to aimlessly skim the shelves to help blend in if someone should walked by. After a few more minutes, I was starting to think that I misread the note or missed another signal when a voice came from behind me.

"Is this what you're looking for?"

I jumped and spun around to find a cloaked individual holding up a Transfiguration theory book, the very same one I told Tonks that I was looking for. He pushed back the hood of his cloak just enough to reveal the narrow face of Theodore Nott.

I rolled my eyes at him and snatched the book from him. "Totally not inconspicuous. What's with the cloak?"

"Well, my father and aunt are known Death Eaters and you are with an Auror, so I have to take some precautions." He leaned back against the bookshelf, crossing his arms.

Theodore Nott is possibly one of the most frustrating people I have ever met. Although, I will admit that he has grown on me since we had a little chat and he revealed to me that he is also a Seer, just like his late mother. Especially more recently since we've been sending letters back and forth whenever I had a Seer question or him checking up with my meditations as well as my practice with my precognition ability.

His dark green eyes bore into me as I checked our surroundings to ensure we were truly alone.

"So why did you want me to come here?" I asked.

"To check on you in person. Easier to see if a person is lying than from a note."

"You think I'm lying about my meditations and all that? Why would I lie to you about that?"

"Well, it wouldn't be the first you lied to me."

I bit back a wince. "Ok, fair point. Oh, I just remembered: I had this this dream last night, and I'm pretty sure it was a vision." I explained to him the dream I had, and once finished, Theodore nodded.

"You're right, it was a vision. Past visions are more... peaceful than the futuristic ones. They won't leave you writhing on the ground, that's for sure."

"That's good to know, but why? Why are they 'peaceful'?"

"Because it has already happened," he said as if it was obvious.

"Is there a way to - I don't know - control them?"

"Yes, but you need to continue with your meditations. Clearing the mind is the first, and biggest, step towards control."

"And the next step?"

He snorted. "Anxious are we?"

I rubbed the bridge of my nose, heaving a sigh. "Look, I just want to make sure that I'm up to speed with everything before we really get our hands dirty with this timeline business."