The Time the Extrovert DIDN'T Want to go Out

Finally, It was lunch. Not that we were doing school because it was a Saturday, but I still love food and lunch is the best kind of food. Trying to avoid Maya, I crept down the stairs, and opened the pantry.

Inside lay a big fancy basket, with muffins and candy. There was also an envelope with silver lacing on the edges. It wasn't sealed, so I opened the letter.

"Dear Mr. and Mrs. Hale,

We are quite pleased that you are our new neighbors. We do hope that you would grow to love this community, as it is an amazing place to raise a kid. We welcome you to our community and hope that you enjoy it as much as we do.

-Lisa, Owen, Maya and Kaireenae Miller"

"Who the hell are the Hales?" I whispered. I swiftly put the letter back right before Maya walked into the kitchen.

"What are you wearing?" She asked looking at my sweatpants and sweatshirt

"Clothes."

"Well please go put on something cute. We are leaving in 30 minutes to greet our new neighbors- the Hale's." Maya added before grabbing the basket "So be ready- and look nice, they have a boy your age."

"Fine. But you better pay me after." I said before walking back upstairs. I scanned my closet for about 10 minutes before finding a pair of dark jeans and a cream sweater. I slipped it on then did my make-up,which was a bit of mascara and lipgloss, and then curled my hair. You would think I was getting ready for prom, but in reality I just dressed like that daily. Once I looked decent, I headed downstairs with 10 minutes to spare.

My mom walked down in a rush, and dad followed. She was tying my dad's tie, and my dad was doing my mom's necklace. They were always a mess, but still functioned normally.

"Do I have to go? Noah is free today." I whined. 

"Yes. They have a young man who is your age, and he doesn't know anyone here. You could be friends with him." My mom explained.

"I still don't wanna go." I pressed on

"There will be food." My dad blurted out

"I'm in." I said throwing my shoes on.

After about ten minutes of adding and getting everything perfect, we left the house and walked 20 steps to the Hale's house I walked up their long driveway and stopped at the door. As I was about to ring the doorbell, the door opened and a tall woman stood in the doorway.

"Oh wow! Hello! Come in come in!" The woman said. My family just walked right in, and I slowly followed. There was a man, in a suit with somewhat shiny hair. And the woman had tan-ish hair and was dressed formally. As they walked forward, into what looked like the living room/kitchen, the counters were filled with food. I gazed at the buffet, before the tall woman snapped me back to earth

"Ben is upstairs, the room to your right." She explained. "I am Mrs. Hale, my husband is Mr. Hale. You are?"

"Kai- Kaireenae Miller." I said "You can call me Kai."

"What a beautiful name. Ben would love to meet you. And if he tries to run, just explain he will get food afterward." She laughed. I just nodded before walking up the staircase. There was a few rooms, but I could tell which was "Ben's" room. The door was painted a darker grey and was shut. I didn't want to intrude, so I knocked softly on the door. I wasn't sure if I was heard, so I knocked again but louder. I heard a quiet "Dammit" before what sounded like a box falling and hitting a person.

"Is- uh- everything okay in there?" I asked over the sound boxes falling.

"Y-yeah- I just made an avalanche- that's all." A voice said "One second-"