14th Chapter

14th chapter

“What are you doing here?”, Zayn asked with the sight of Carter.

Carter looked at me and pointed at the boys.

“You’re with them?”, he asked.

“You guys know each other?”, I asked, looking both at Carter and the boys.

“We could ask the same question Di.”, Harry said.

“I’ve just met him. I was lost in the forest and he helped me find the way home.”, I said. “Now it’s your turn to explain.”

I crossed my arms, waiting for an answer.

“This is Carter. From an enemy gang.”, Zayn explained, looking at the ground.

“An enemy gang?”

“Yup. Our gangs don’t get along. At all.”, Carter added. “Well… Actually… I’m not in the gang anymore. But still…”

“You left the gang?”, I asked, looking at Carter.

“Yeah. They were all sick bastards so I left the crew. I’m on my own now.”, he explained, smiling.

I smiled back at him sweetly as in a signal that he was doing the right thing. I heard Zayn sigh so I looked at him.

“You should go now. Thanks for bringing her back.”, he said, not caring to look at Carter.

“No problem.”, Carter replied before looking back at me. “Just call me or text me if you need anything, okay?”, he said, handing me a piece of paper with his phone number on it.

I nodded with a big smile on my face. He gave me a quick kiss in the cheek and waved goodbye before walking back to the forest. After he was gone I looked back at Zayn and the boys.

“Really? You couldn’t be nicer to him?”, I asked, before walking into the house. “He helped me get out of that forest.”, I added while I sat on the couch and watched the boys walking in the house.

“I don’t trust that guy.”, Zayn said, looking at me with a serious look.

“Oh really? And since when did you trust anyone?”, I asked in a sarcastic tone.

“Well, I trusted you, didn’t I?!”, he yelled after walking out of the living room and into the corridor.

“Wait! Zayn!”, I yelled after him as I stood up.

“You shouldn’t have said that Di. All he ever did was care about you. You’re just hurting his feelings.”, Liam said with a concern look in his eyes.

I looked at him and the other boys and felt guilty. More than I ever did in my entire life.

“I didn’t mean what I said. I know that he cares about me.”, I said to the boys as the tears started to build up in my eyes.

“We know sweetie. Calm down.”, Harry said, hugging me.

Soon the other boys came to join him and we were all in a group hug. Except Zayn. I really need to apologize to him. When we pulled away from the hug, I wiped my tears away and looked at the boys.

“I need to apologize to him.”

They nodded and I walked out of the living room and into the corridor, where I could see Zayn in his room. I took a deep breath and knocked on his door.