Prologue

Warnings: as the tags imply, a main theme of this story is that love potions are magical roofies! So this story will explore that in depth, and will definitely look at the mental violation that comes with them! If that is a potential trigger for you, please read with caution or click back, I don't want you to force yourself to read something that might hurt you!

➳➳➳

 "I hate him," Honey declared into her pillow, for what must have been the tenth time.

Lonnie and Aziz exchanged a despairing look over her head, while Jane pet her blonde hair gently.

"We've heard," Aziz teased, moving to sit opposite Jane so that he could wipe the makeup off of her face.

Honey let him tilt her head every which way, staring blankly at the wall. A knock startled the other three, but Honey didn't so much as flinch as Lonnie opened it a crack.

"I've got water, sweet tea, and chocolate," Doug said, face hidden behind the hoard he'd grabbed from the kitchen.

Lonnie stepped back, letting her friend into Honey and Jane's dorm. Doug dumped the pile onto Jane's empty bed, grabbing a chocolate bar and handing it to Aziz.

Aziz waved it in front of Honey's eyes, but she remained unresponsive.

"Does anyone know what happened to her?" he asked, unwrapping the bar and breaking off a small piece to feed her.

"She was fine on our way to the game," Jane said quietly. "We were heading down to the locker rooms to get ready, but she went to talk to Ben. By the time she got back she looked like she had been crying and after Ben asked Mal out she got like this."

"I hate him," Honey repeated.

"And Chad and Ben have been blowing up her phone," Lonnie reported, glancing worriedly at the blonde, "so I don't think they'll have any answers either."

"Chad?" Honey asked quietly, carefully letting Aziz feed her another piece of chocolate.

"He's been texting you," Aziz explained, smiling softly at the way she lit up.

"So has Ben," Doug added, and Aziz felt more than saw the way Honey tensed up again.

"Oh... What are they saying?"

"Your phone is locked," Lonnie reminded her gently. "But Chad is asking me if he can come over."

Honey tilted her head as she thought about it. "Okay," she said, after a minute. "But only Chad."

"Only Chad," Lonnie agreed, texting rapidly.

If it was strange for Honey to not want to see Ben — and it was, very strange — none of them commented on it. From what Jane had said, it was clear that something had happened between them, even before he asked Mal out, and Honey was evidently not ready to face him.

"Do you want us to stay?" Doug asked, offering her an open water bottle.

She nodded, avoiding their eyes. "If you don't mind?"

"None of us mind," Aziz assured her. "We're a team, right?"

Honey nodded, but before any of them could say anything more, they were interrupted by a loud, frantic knock.

Jane was the one to crack the door, letting it swing all the way open when she saw that it was just Chad — and only Chad, at that.

The fairy stepped aside to let him in, quickly locking the door behind him.