3: Right to Work

The sun finally rose over the giant walls. The night felt like it had last an eternity. All of the boys began rising from their hammocks, and there was a lot of them.

Gally introduces you to at least a few dozen boys. Newt, Minho, Thomas, Frypan, Jeff, and Chuck are the only boys you can really remember. Teresa's name sticks with you as well, considering she's the only girl besides you. You just wish your name could come back to you so you could finally introduce yourself properly.

You're quickly built in to the Glade's society. And you end up helping in the kitchen with Frypan. Frypan had said that in all his time here no one was even close to having the potential to reach his cooking perfection, until you arrived, so you weren't bothered to try any other tasks, day one and you're already a cook.

No one really takes awe to you, girls had become more normal to the Gladers. You didn't mind though, you still wanted to figure yourself out before getting into a relationship of any kind.

You begin to make lunch with Frypan, casually chatting as you two stack toppings on top of sandwiches.

"Wow, you're so quiet for a Greenie, no questions or anything?"

You laugh, "What's there to ask? I'm here, and it there's no way to change it. So might at well make the process as easy as possible."

"I'm happy you're working with me Greanbean. We're going to have a hell of a time."

You guys finish what feels to be the hundredth sandwich, with the size of the Glade doesn't seem to be that much of a stretch. The boys line up and eagerly grab their lunches.

The last boy in line takes his plate, and you and Frypan each grab yours. You decide to sit with Gally, you haven't talked to him since this morning anyway.

This is just a filler. Sorry for not updating! School has been tough. But I go on break next week so hopefully I'll be able to update more, thanks you guys ily.