Escaping to the Mountains

"Kids!" Laura Wood called up the stairs, "We need to get in the car now if we're going to make it up to the cabin before the storm!"
"Coming Mom!" A voice called down from upstairs. Stephanie came bounding down the stairs, two at a time, with her suitcase trailing behind. She ran up to her mom and hugged her legs.

"I love you Mommy!" Stephanie looked up and smiled at her mother.

"I love you too Steph, now you need to go get in the car." Laura gave Stephanie a kiss on the head and patted her on the back. She turned back to the staircase, "James! Where are you?"
"I'm right here! Gosh calm down!" James groaned, slowly making his way down the stairs, phone in hand.

"You're lucky we're short on time or else we would be having a long talk about your attitude." Laura gave him a stern look, and walked out the door after him.
"Did you lock up the house honey?" Neil Wood called to his wife as she made her way to the car.

"Oh shoot. No I didn't. Do you know where the keys are?" She questioned.
"Here ya go." Neil responded, tossing her the house keys. She turned around and jogged back to the front door. Laura slid the lock into the door and turned it.

"Okay I think that's everything." She announced as she headed back to the car. She opened the door and sat down in the passenger seat, "If anyone has to go to the bathroom, you're going to have to hold it till the gas station because we aren't going to be able to make many stops before the storm. We have to get to the cabin as quickly as we can."

"Now that the 'Momma Speech' is done we can get on the road!" Neil said to the family.
"Finally." James grumbled from the back seat. He pulled his headphones out of his back pocket and plugged them into his phone. Neil pressed his foot on the gas and they were off.

Stephanie stared out the window in amazement. Trees coated in thick layers of snow passed her window as they drove by. She was so astounded by the beautiful world outside.

James, on the other hand, was so annoyed that he was stuck on a stupid trip with his stupid family when he could be sleeping over his friends houses or going on dates with Kayla. His mom had made the decision that this was a mandatory family trip and there were no exceptions to miss it. With Trippie Redd blasting in his ears and a resentment towards his family, he looked out the window.

Laura looked back at her kids and smiled. She was so happy that the whole family could come together for a couple days and just relax together. She had rented an old cabin that the family had stayed at before whenever they were going for trips up north. The cabin was up in the mountains and she had rented it for five days for the family. It was winter break so her, James, and Stephanie all had the week off. Neil on the other hand still had work, but he agreed to come as long as they let him have some quiet time to do his work.

*Authors Note*

Hello Readers! This is my first story so don't judge me to harshly on it. If you have any comments or suggestions on stuff that I can fix, don't be afraid to comment them! I'll write more soon!

MajorHorseLady3