Chapter Eleven

Audrey's Pov:

                I laid in the living room, staring at the television with very little concentration. It was getting pretty late but I just couldn't sleep. Casting a glance to my left, I noted the crutches that grew to be my greatest frustration.

                 The past few months had been agonizing, to say the least. Everyone treated me differently; like I was a delicate flower. After I woke from my coma, A harsh reality settled within me. My life chipped away into nothing. Everything I never envisioned for myself became my life. I was alone and what I thought was real became a sick joke my mind conjured. It took me months to get off those stupid crutches. But now, with some form of a miracle, I was able to stand without them for more than ten minutes.

                  Sure, my body was getting better. But my mind was constantly living in a hellish nightmare of isolation. I didn't talk to anyone about what I really saw in my coma. They knew the basics, but not that Holland had felt so real. That she was like the warm sun, finally coming out after a vicious storm that had clouded my mind. Every touch had ruined me. I felt as if I was right back where I started; the day she left.

                  The sound of her voice, the most beautiful sound my ears had ever been graced with, gone. The bluest eyes I'd ever seen, yet specs of green were notable on her left eye gone. Those nearly untamable blonde locks, her shampoo smelling of green tea leaves, gone. I had lost her all over again.

                 'I wish I never woke up.'

                "How are you feeling?" I heard my mom ask as she came in with a bowl of oatmeal topped with strawberries; my favorite growing up. I smiled, though only partial, taking the bowl from her. "You okay?"

                "I'm in a little pain. No, I will not take any more pain killers." I beat her to it. She closed her mouth as she frowned at me. "Mom, I just really don't want to get hooked on it. What do you think is taking Autumn so long?" I asked her, hoping that the subject would change. She looked at her wrist watched and sighed as she took a seat in her huge lazy boy.

                "That's a good question. She and Joel were supposed to be home from the airport about... an hour or so ago." Her voiced laced with worry before grabbing the remote, not that I cared. A few minutes went by when the front door burst opened, the young blonde boy rushing in and Autumn caring all of his luggage in. My mom smiled while she wrapped her arms tightly around him.

                "I missed you mom!" He laughed as she ruffled up his hair. "Oh my gosh, the tournament was awesome! Thank you so much for letting me go! Our little team won so much!" Joel just kept going on on and on. I felt my legs lift up gently then back down on before eyeing a frustrated Autumn faking a smile towards the small group of us. She looked down at me, averting her eyes quickly.

                "That's lovely Joel. I'm glad you and Hayden had a wonderful time with Jayme." Mom smiled as she turned her attention to Autumn. I watched her expressions carefully while mom began talking to her now. "What took you guys so long?"

                "Oh! We met..." Joel started but stopped the minute Autumn glared at him, shaking her head fiercely at him. I raised my eyebrows at it as she tossed me a quick glance.

                "Met who?" Mom asked as she looked puzzled, but Joel just shook his head as he yawned and informed all of us he was finally heading to bed. Mom dropped it though, picking my half-eaten bowl of oatmeal into the kitchen.