{EDITED: OCT 25, 2022}

You and I,

Those words we would always say to each other when we were together. It was always us against the world, no matter what. We promised each other we'd stay together, in this life, the next, and all of the others we'd live. You and I, we were always bulletproof.

We're like fireworks and symphonies exploding in the sky

The emotions I felt when we were together was an amazing sensation. My heart beating at 1000 miles per hour, it felt like my heart was going to explode. The way my face heated up like a volcano about to erupt. I now know you felt the same way all along...

With you, I'm alive

I've never felt more alive then when I was with you. It was like we found a spark in each other, a spark that helped us get through everything life threw our way. Our hearts beat in perfect sync, to let us know we were alive and meant to stay together.

Like all the missing pieces of my heart,

Before I met you, I felt empty. But once I layed my eyes on you for the first time and you first approached me, I felt the emptiness inside of me fill up inside of my heart. I felt so joyful and carefree when I was with you, the emptiness was then gone from within.

they finally collide

The emptiness I felt inside was finally gone, like I said. The broken pieces of my heart were back together. I felt truly happy when I was with you, as I was no longer feeling the void down deep inside. The feelings I felt are too hard to explain now.

With you, I fall

We'd always stick together like magnets stick to metal, we were inseparable. When one of us did something, the other one would follow along too. If one of us got in trouble, we'd go down together. Nothing was able to tear us apart.

It's like I'm leaving all my past in silhouettes up on the wall

The memories of my past faded away over time. I had no need to worry about them. The more we grew older and continued our lives together, there was no need to hold on to the things behind us. The most important thing was that we focused on what was ahead of us.

With you, I'm a beautiful mess

I let my true colours out for you, as you did the same for me. We'd never pretend to be someone we weren't for the other and there wasn't one thing that was kept a secret from each other. Except, that was what I thought...

It's like we're standing hand in hand with all our fears up on the edge

We had no fears when we were together, we were unstoppable. I remember that one time we ran to the edge of that cliff, hand in hand. We weren't afraid of whether we fell off, all that mattered was that we were together. That's why everyone always said we were the perfect pair of friends, even though I didn't think friends was the correct choice of words for us.

So stop time right here in the moonlight

I wish our life together never had to end. We were supposed to grow old together, like we both promised to. Move out of the country, most likely to Paris. We were going to fly to the moon! You always found comfort in the moon, you said it reminded you of me. Looking up at the night sky every night, knowing some day we were going to step foot on the moon together. We never did get to complete our bucket list. The moments of us being together were supposed to last forever.