Chapter 1

You sat down under Vennessa's tree, said tree giving you comfort from the things that have happened in the past. It gave a sense of stillness, seeming as if the world had stopped and finally gave you time to rest.

Your mind couldn't keep up with all the things that had happened in the thousands of years that you've been alive, but it decided that it was done resting and wanted you to get up.

You decided to make your way to Mondstadt, seeing that something was wrong because the sky turned dark suddenly, despite it being the middle of the day.

You started to run, and once you got in Mondstadt, you saw a familiar dragon that you were once well-acquainted with.

'Dvalin?'

Running up the stairs quickly, you saw the fountain, and people running to get to safety, but you were surprised to see two people who were standing there, just looking at the sky.

There was a girl and a boy, the girl who you recognized to be "Amber," and a boy who you had never seen before.

You ran up to both of them, "Amber, you and your friend need to get out of here!"

"What's going on!?" Amber yelled in a panic.

You knew exactly what was going on, it was just a matter of time until this happened.

"It's not safe here!" You replied, only focusing on getting them to safety.

Right as you said that, multiple tornadoes came from the sky, taking the boy who you assumed to be Amber's friend.

You held onto his hand, but to no avail, he still got carried away by the wind.

The tornadoes disappeared, and you looked up to the sky to see the boy shooting the dragon with the power of the wind.

The male hit Dvalin a few more times, and you heard him give out a roar of pain before flying away.

The boy came gliding down, and you rushed up to him, "Are you alright? You're not hurt, are you?"

Amber followed suit, "Yeah, are you okay?"

He nodded, saying that he was okay, but then you all heard clapping.

Turning your heads, you were met with the Calvary Captain, Kaeya.

"Wow. You actually have the power to go against the dragon.."

He paused.

"Are you a new ally, or a new storm?"

Amber began to speak, "Stormterror is attacking Mondstadt itself! Kaeya, Aether, you've come at the right time. We must-"

"Hold on, Amber. Are you perhaps forgetting to introduce us?" Kaeya interrupted, a small smirk on his face.

Amber freaked out a little, "O-oh, of course. Kaeya, this is Aether, he's a traveler from afar. Aether, this is Kaeya, he's our Calvary Captain."

"Don't forget Paimon too!" A little girl shouted, appearing out of nowhere with her hands on her hips.

"Ah!" You yelped, getting startled by her presence.

Everyone looked at you, now fully acknowledging your existence.

"Who is this?" Kaeya asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I actually... don't know." Amber said, putting a finger on her chin.

'Oh, yeah. Nobody even knows me. I slipped up by saying her name earlier...'

"She said my name earlier, though." Amber stated, making their suspicion level rise.

Your hand went up to your face, and your index finger had begun to scratch your cheek, "Almost everyone knows about the Knights of Favonius, people talk about you all the time! And we should just focus on the matter at hand..!"