Promise I don't bite...

“You're up?” It was more of a statement than a question. You turned to the metal door and the light gave way to a red suit. The guy was holding a tray of what you thought was food, and a small red bag that you almost missed as it effortlessly camouflaged into the suit, “Feel anything?”

“A dull headache. Other than that, no.”

“I brought the painkiller in case you still want it , but you'll need to eat something before taking the medication. Our food isn't the best but it is manageable once you get the hang of the flavor.

I picked out your meal so I don't know if you'll like it,” Red set the tray down and sat down on the bed next to yours, you smiled gratefully as you listened to his rambling. The guy stopped himself and looked away in an embarrassed manner.

“You can tell me to shut up, you know,” he said quietly as you looked at the tray thoughtfully. You didn't feel like eating. You picked out a small package of crackers; it didn't taste too bad.

“No, it’s fine. I've encountered worse,” you took another bite out of the cracker. It was quite plain and simple for your taste but you continued chewing nonetheless. Truthfully, you didn't really have the appetite for a big meal but you knew better to go on with your day with an empty stomach. You took a drink from the tightly vacuumed bag. Your following comment drew a small smile onto the guy's lips, “Okay, but the apple juice is actually decent.”

Out of the corner of your eyes, you could tell Red didn't bother hiding his stare as he watched you eat. You offered him a cracker but was politely declined, leaving you confused. You finished the rest of your meal in silence. You didn't know what else to say and chose to ignore the staring rather than commenting upon it.

“You're not going to take the meds?” the guy asked when you grabbed the helmet next to you. Everyone wore theirs earlier, if it was a costume for the cosplay, you didn't see any harm in joining them.

You shook your head, “No, it's fine. I think we should save it for later,”

You briefly look up dumbly at Red then the helmet. Why did the helmet have buttons on them? You flinched, you realised you had never put on an astronaut helmet before. You decided to put the helmet aside, you're getting oxygen right now in the spaceship so at least you wouldn't die of suffocation. Beside, you weren't going to actually die in your own dream, even if it was an extremely realistic one, right?

“Do you need help putting the helmet on? Blue suggested we take your helmet off to help clear up the airway when the crash happened. However, some part of the ship still has interrupting flow of air. The pressure isn’t recommended and can be quite a problem if you're stuck for a long time. And I haven't even mentioned the freezing temperature,” Red spoke up and you stayed silent, too embarrassed to say anything.

“I won't tell anyone so don't worry. We got a more complex update just the other day. Just extra protection to keep the air in and pressure out.”

He reached over and you flinched at the close proximity. Red put the helmet over you, and leaned over to look behind you. You froze when your helmets clanked against each other; the sudden sound made you jump a bit. Your heart was pounding strangely.

Red chuckled at your reaction, “Promise I don't bite,” the guy paused thoughtfully before adding, “Unless… you want me to.”

Your eyes widened and in one swift movement you had your hands on his shoulders, ready to push him away; when Red rested his hands upon yours in a firm movement. With only an inch away, you froze when you saw a glimpse of what seemed to be a smile underneath the reflection covering most of his face. Red reassured you, “I was joking. Calm down, your heart is beating so fast; I can hear it from here.”