Chapter Fourteen

The skies fading into a dark blue and my hearts sinking and I'm not sure how we will survive. It's been over a month its January sixteenth today and I haven't seen Josh in almost a week. They are preparing for the worst. Their Father will be here in a matter of a week if not sooner and my family cannot loose. On Christmas I could barley concentrate on anything but the outcome of this event that has yet to come. My children have not blessed me with another dream to help my decision on what to do. I feel alone Emmett has disappeared into our family and wont say a word to me. It's like our life might be over as if the hurt is consuming him that someone might not make it. All my concern is going to the life's I  carry inside me they are the most important things in the world to me. I will do anything to save them at any cost.

                        Sitting on the Balcony as the snow covers the ground I hear a noise that didn't sound to pleasant. A cry for help and a gun shot sounded my ears only then did I feel three kicks in my stomach. Laying my hand across them I knew it was time what we've been scared of has arrived Mr.Reynolds is here.

                       " Come inside now he'll be here soon." I heard Cheri say as she pulled me inside the house. 

                  "I'm aware I heard them fire a gun down the road we must be prepared." I replied following her into the study. Emmett and Justin we sitting at the desk waiting.

                      " Little sis are you aware of the plan that we need to follow?" Justin asked me as I sat in a chair.

                     "Yes I am. Today is the day we save our families as survive as one." I answered looking from him to Emmett.

                      " Please Maya you and Cheri have to stay hidden an not seen. Please don't do anything stupid we can handle this."  Emmett said reaching for my hand.

                     "We will do as we see fit in order to save you both no one as long as I can help will be dying today, and that's final. I'm done arguing with you about this I need my babies to live along with my family." I retorted walking out of the room and into mine.

                    As i laid in the sanctuary of my bed beneath my covers I heard the faint sound of a door opening in another room. I held my blanket close as I got up putting my ear to the wall. Hoping for the best I listened to the voices.

                        " My son have you decided to leave and ever talk to her again/" The man asked him

                     " No I'm staying I love her more then my own life I'd do anything for her. Also she needs me you don't. Just answer me this why would you kill my son? Why would you kill your own grandson?" Emmett asked I wish I could see them as the talked.

                      " She's no good nothing but a whore. Did you ever think about who else has had her did you? That child was out of wedlock a poor bastard child who didn't deserve life. Look at her father a dead beat and her mother a drunk did you really want that for your son?"

                    " My sons life is worth the world to this day he deserved to live with every moment that passes but you killed him your own flesh and blood. Her mother became an alcoholic again after Maya lost her baby you torn them apart. Maya Lost someone she loved and tried to protect because your selfish! He's not a bastard he's my damn son and his life is worth what I'm going to do now." Emmett said and I herd a crash I squeezed my eyes shut hoping it was his dad and not anyone else. I pray to god I didn't loose anyone in this moment in time.  More noises came from the other room and then I heard a gun shot my heart sunk into my stomach this can't be happening. I stepped away from my door way it shot open, and i was thrown to the floor.