Chapter Two: The Art of Kidnapping

Sophie Pov:

Rafal was acting strange. Like he had something to hide. It started last night when she suddenly was in bed and Rafal was lying beside her. She'd woken up and they had talked but she got that strange impression.

Even now when she held his hand while they were walking through the halls of the New Evil castle. Rafal gripped her hand like he was afraid that she was going to leave him and run off with some handsome everboy. 

She glanced at their intertwined hands. Sophie caught Rafal watching her and he looked away quickly. Sophie frowned at his reaction. 

She felt a suspicious thought run through her mind: What if he didn't love her anymore? Rafal leaned down and kissed her as if he knew what she was thinking. But he pulled away too soon leaving Sophie wanting for more.

The silence between them was uncomfortable. 

"Sooo.... Do you want to go to Aric's training lesson and watch it with me?" she asked.

"Sure," Rafal replied.

"Rafal, you're acting strange..."

"No I'm not. I'm just simply thinking and then you come along and ruin everything and then tell me I'm acting strange!" Rafal snapped.

As Rafal realized what he just said, Sophie stormed off.

This was enough. Rafal always kept things from her: about the old school on her first day of teaching, the black swan gold ring, how she was supposed to win evil's victory and now this. She was so tired of it.

Rafal caught up to her and grabbed her arm. Sophie threw his hand off. He pulled her in to him, him facing her. Sophie thrashed in his arms but Rafal only tightened his grip. She could smell his fresh teenage scent and for a second she felt her anger disappear and replaced with desire for more of him. Then her anger returned.

"Sophie calm down." The young schoolmaster said.

"No! You were acting strange and because I love you I wanted to know what was going on. And instead of answering me you just say I'm ruining everything. You're the one that ruins everything for me. If it wasn't for you I'd be in Gavaldon with Agatha and I wouldn't have to worry I might die in a war or feel like I'm dying because of all the heartbreak I've been through. I don't need you!"

Sophie watched Rafal's jaw fall open and for a moment he looked like a young boy who'd had his heart broken. That was true actually only he was not young and Sophie was done imagining him to be a young boy. He was thousands of years old. He was supposed to be dead and he's rude to the girl he loves. Sometimes Sophie wondered why she stayed with him. 

It was because she loved him. Even if Sophie hid her feelings it would always resurface. She loved him too much. She knew he felt the same way for her and that is why she had chosen the words she said.

Sophie knew those words would cut into him. Break him to the point of insanity. 

Her mother had once said: "Sophie that is one of the weaknesses of love. Sometimes that same love can hurt you." She'd told the truth.

Rafal kissed Sophie breaking her train of thought. His hands ran through her hair and Sophie pressed her lips against him harder. Rafal kissed her back just as hard. His tongue licked her lips, practically begging her to let him in. Sophie refused due to her annoyance earlier. Rafal leg swept in between them making them both collapse to the ground. Sophie's mouth opened slightly and he pushed his tongue in her. She gasped at the sudden pleasure. Rafal smirked against her lips, he knew how she wanted more.

A stream of students walked down the hall. The young evil lovers parted their lips and stood up. The students disappeared to their next training session.