Part 1

"I should have asked for a map of this place before I agreed to work for Mr.Stark." Bree thought to herself after she ran up yet another flight of stairs, finding herself in one of the many empty rooms of the Stark tower or actually the Avenger's tower now, Bree mentally corrected herself. Out of breath and with too many papers in her hand, she huffed into the Avengers kitchen. A salty aroma filled her nostrils before she even crossed the threshold of the kitchen. "Maybe Mr.Stark likes to cook?" Bree thought to herself before shaking her head. After an extensive google and wiki research on Mr.Stark, she knew this would most likely not be him. Unless he did something really bad and was trying to make it up to Pepper who had mentioned this in an interview.

Turning the corner, Bree came across the chef, Scarlet witch. She whirled around the kitchen in a short black dress, adding spices to the brewing bubbling pot that had a small trail of steam coming off of it. As she stirred the spices together, she looked up to Bree. The memory of why Bree was sprinting around the Avengers tower came to mind immediately "Have you seen Mr.Stark?" Bree asked sheepishly as the papers slid in her hands. Scarlet witch gave a soft smile at her presence. Bree returned the smile just as she almost lost the stack of important papers in her hand to the floor. "You must be Mr.Stark's new assistant." She said softly as Bree manages to catch all of the papers. A shy smile danced onto Bree's lips as her nervous jitters welled up inside of her as the only thought that was rushing through her head was "Omg! Omg! It's Scarlet Witch."

"Is it obvious?" Bree replied, mentally scolding herself at her corny reply. Scarlet Witch looked down to her pot, thinking of what else she could add that would improve the taste causing a frown to form on her face. Bree immediately thought that she had done something wrong or offended her. Why else would she be frowning? "You should find him upstairs." She said simply. "Should I ask her what I did?" Bree thought to herself. As she went to apologize for something, Bree's phone buzzed gently in her pocket. The only people that she had on her phone was Pepper Pots, for emergencies, and Mr.Stark. He must be wondering where she was. With a broad smile, Bree thanked Scarlet Witch before taking the stairs again only to realize that 'upstairs' could mean any one of the next twenty floors of the building.

"Great..." She huffed to herself in frustration. Taking a wild guess, she climbed up two floors before deciding to search this floor in hopes to mistakenly run into Mr.Stark. "Yeah...I have a better chance of marrying Captain America than that." She thought to herself as she sprinted down an identical hall that matched with all of the other halls on the previous floors. The hall leads off to a giant living room that was furnished with comfortable couches, plush pillows, and dazzling lights that all matched well with each other. Bree couldn't help but start pricing everything in the room with her quickly concluding that she could buy an extremely nice apartment with everything in the room. As she finished, her heart skipped a beat as her eyes laid on the infamous Captain America.

This man was more handsome in person with his soft blonde hair, steel blue eyes, and chiseled jaw. Remembering to breathe, she regained herself before asking "Have you seen Mr.Stark?" Captain America was in the middle of reading 'Pride and Prejudice", a recommendation from Nat, before looking up. He marked his spot with his index finger before looking up at the unfamiliar voice that had just spoken from across the room. Bree's breath hitched as his steel-blue eyes met hers. If Steve noticed that Bree was now frozen like a statue, he made no remark about it. "He's in his office."

Bree bobbed her head slowly in a trance before shaking her head out of it, realizing that if she held her gaze any longer he might think that she had a stroke. Embarrassment flushed her cheeks before she quickly rushed out of the room as quickly as possible, saying 'Thank you" as she left. Bree didn't stop running until she made it back to the steps. With her heart pounding in her ears, she was able to come to the realization that Mr.Stark didn't have an office. Out of frustration, she slammed the door to the stairs open with all of her force, only for it to swing fully open before the hydraulic door closer caused the door to swing back with equal force, slamming her in the face.

Not expecting this, she let out a cry of surprise as the door made contact with her face, slamming her in the forehead. Bree staggered backward, losing all her papers while holding her head in her hands. Her frustration quickly turned to anger "Stupid door!" The throbbing pain in her forehead started to lessen when she started collecting the papers quickly. A thought crossed her mind at that moment. "What if Steve meant Mr.Stark's lab?" Taking a deep breath, Bree climbed up more stairs until her legs burn with lactic acid while her lungs were lite on fire as her lung heaved in more oxygen. Taking this as a sign, she staggered into the next door that led off to another floor before stopping to catch her breath and to center herself.

Mr.Stark could not see her sweaty and this disoriented on the first day of work. After feeling like she had regained her breath, Bree sprinted down the hall before passing a bedroom. A small dark figure caught her eye, causing her to run back to see if it was Mr.Stark. It was not. Standing against the door on his phone was a boy about the same age as Bree. He had light brown hair, chestnut eyes, and was wearing the typical male high school clothes. "Where are the labs?" She asked, skipping all formalities as Bree's phone buzzed again in her pocket. The boy looked up, starting to answer before the words lost their form. His words come out as a strained gasp. Unsure what was happening to him, she starts to back away slowly "I'm just going to go..."

Peter watched her long brown hair flow behind her and snap away, causing him to come back to the reality that this girl he was gawking at was leaving his sight while his mind seemingly couldn't perform the simple task of speaking. "It's on the...left..." He trailed off at the realization that Bree was no longer in sight. A string of curses was muttered under his breath at his lost chance to talk to Bree. Coming into the labs, a sigh of relief left Bree as she finally found her destination. The relief was short-lived as she walked into the labs before dropping the papers...again. This time in front of Mr.Stark while he busily spoke on the phone, speaking foreign words of business. She quickly let out an apology as she dropped to the floor, collecting the papers.

He stopped mid sentence to look down at her, mentally noting how crinkled the papers were from the abuse she had given to them. "Kid, where have you been?"

Thanks for reading! If you would like to watch the video version of this part, please look on my TikTok: bella_billnye
(You can also find there that I have an entire video series their too!)

I have written other marvel writings and if you would like to read more writings similar to this, consider going to my Instagram: bella_billnye_

(all of these accounts are linked in my Beacon in the bio of my wattpad)