Part 4

"You're Spider-man?!" Bree exclaimed to Peter, still in shock from the revelations of the meeting. Peter walked along the side of her, expecting her to collapse from shock "I mean...yeah. What do you think I was doing here?" Peter replied to her nonchalantly. Internally though, he was freaking out.

If Mr.Stark was going to tell her, he would have liked it better if Mr.Stark might have given a heads up or allowed him to have told Bree. Bree walked next to him down the hall. They were not heading anywhere in particular. Bree just needed to walk off the shock and come to her senses again. Neither of them was sure how to handle this situation. Bree had never been curious to find out who Spider-man was.

He kept his identity a secret, something that Bree understood. He was trying to protect himself and his loved ones. Plus, Bree already knew the identities of everyone else on the Avengers team. Why would she need to know more? Even though it wasn't her fault, Bree felt horrible for Peter. She would hate it if someone outed her like that, no matter the situation.

"I dunno Peter! I wasn't paying that much attention." That was all Bree replied with as they speed-walked down several halls. As they walked down the halls, Peter repeatedly glanced at Bree's face. He was searching for any emotion other than shock. He was looking for her to look at him with disgust. "So do you think of me differently now?" Peter finally peeped out when none of his expectations were met.

Bree turned to him while they still walked down the halls "I don't know you that well Peter." An 'of course not!' or 'why on earth would you ask that?' would have been preferred, but at least she wasn't screaming away from him or calling the Daily Bugle to spill the beans.

"Well...we can change that." Peter spoke quickly as the pace of your walking started to slow down ever so slightly. The shock was starting to wear off. "I mean...I'm ok with that. If I'm being honest." Bree replied sweetly as she glanced over to Peter with a smile to assure him. Peter's mind was throwing silent cheers in his head at the thought. "Ok...let's hang out after you get off of work."

Peter was the only member of the team that did not live within the tower. So he couldn't have possibly known that you would usually stay up with Mr.Stark into the early hours of the morning. "Sure. I'm good with that." Bree said, hoping that Mr.Stark might decide to go to bed tonight like a normal person so she could have a social life. She might need to enlist the help of Ms.Potts though to do the impossible.

Without thinking about the words running out of his mouth, Peter said conversationally "It's a date then." Bree stopped altogether in the hall and looked at him with wild eyes. What on Earth was he thinking this was supposed to be? She turned to question him when Peter beat her to it. "Not like that! Sorry!"

Bree played off her thoughts as an over imagination that needed to find a way to separate filtering and just being nice as two different things. "Right..." was all Bree said as they continue with their walk. That is until Bree saw Steve outside one of the many empty guest rooms, waiting. "What do you think Steve wants?" Bree asked Peter.

Thanks for reading! If you would like to watch the video version of this part, please look on my TikTok: bella_billnye
(You can also find there that I have an entire video series there too!)

I have written other marvel writings and if you would like to read more writings similar to this, consider going to my Instagram: bella_billnye_

(all of these accounts are linked in my beacon in the bio of my Wattpad, Instagram, and Tiktok)