Chapter 30

That same night Vera slept while waiting for Yemi to wake up.  Finally he woke up at about 8:30pm and saw Vera sleeping on the couch in the sitting room.  He woke her up.

"Yemi, thank God you're awake.  How are you feeling now?"  She asked.

"I have headache."  He said.

"You will be fine after dinner.  I will get your food."  She went to the kitchen and came out with a plate of fried rice and fried chicken.  The aroma filled the sitting room as she entered.  She set the food on the table and went for a glass of water.

"Sit down and join me."  He told her.

"No, I have to go home now my friend will be waiting.  And besides I have eaten"  She objected.

"Please - - - -

"If you insist.". Vera said as she went back to the kitchen to get another spoon for herself.  They ate in silence .  Yemi enjoyed his dinner and commented on the food.  After dinner he took a bottle of red wine from the fridge.

"Don't tell me you still want to drink again."  Vera said.

"It's for you for a delicious dinner and besides this is red wine."  He opened the wine and filled a glass for her.  Vera took the glass and sipped from it.

"It tastes nice."

She gulp it at once and took another cup and was about to throw everything into her mouth when Yemi tried to stopped her.  But she  wouldn't listen.  She finished drinking and was unable to stand up from her seat.  Yemi was also tipsy but he was able to help her to his room and made her lay on his bed.  But when he wanted to leave the room, Vera held him back.

"Please, don't go.  Lye down here with me."

"No.  I will sleep on the chair in the sitting room."  She forcefully pulled him to the bed and climbed on top of him.  She bent low and kissed him but Yemi refused to kiss her back.  She was unbuttoning his shirt when Yemi forcefully turned her and wanted to escape but she held his shirt so tight.

"I won't let you go now until you - - - -

"You're drunk Vera."

"No, I'm not."  She said.  Yemi wanted to be with her but not in that state, she was tipsy.   He was so very weak from the effect of the alcohol he took earlier so he allowed his body to take control of him and he yielded to her touch.  One thing led to the other and he slept with her that night.

Vera woke up the next morning feeling heaviness on her two legs.  She tried to free her legs but she couldn't.  She opened her eyes and noticed someone lying beside her, a man.  It was then she remembered she was in Yemi's house the previous day.  She noticed she was stark naked.  "How did this happen?"  She asked herself.  Gently, she removed his legs from her body and that was when she noticed that even Yemi was naked.  Yemi opened his eyes and saw her staring at him he smiled.

"Goodmorning, he greeted.  How was your night?"  He asked still smiling.

"Please, tell me that nothing happened between us last night.  Tell me we didn't do anything."  Vera said tears streaming down her face.  Yemi was so confused and tried to hold her in his arms but Vera pushed him so hard.

"Don't touch me!  Just answer my question!  Vera screened angrily.

"Calm down Vera, something happened but you pushed me into it." He defended.

"I did what?  No, no, that can't be true.  You're my best friends man.  How am I going to live with this shame?"

"Vera listen, your friend and I are no longer together.  Your friend has ditched me and went to that old man, the father of her children.  Vera, I have decided to move on with my life."