Ch.6

I walked downstairs, and straight to the kitchen. Getting myself a glass of water to help me wake up a bit before I walked over to the living room. Grabbing my scarf by the front door on my way there. Ralph was asleep on the couch, sitting up, with his head ever so slightly tilted backwards. And Tai also fast asleep in his lap. I smiled at the two, wrapping the long scarf around my face.

I turned on the TV and turned down the volume, just to have a bit of background noise as do my chores around the house. Tai has awoken, and pried herself away from Ralph. He didn't wake up, and his hand stayed where it was. Not falling when Tai's back was removed. I opened the sliding door to let her outside when she'd need to. I went back to the android, inspecting his scars to make sure it's not bleeding. I didn't want to disturb him, so I kept my distance, but I did notice a slight twitching in his head. Probably another damaged component, or wiring. His jaw has been beaten into his neck after all.

I straightened back up, and went over to the kitchen again, filling Tai's bowls. And getting myself something to eat. I walked around the house once more, just to find something to do. But when I couldn't find anything, I sat down on the couch, across from Ralph. Leaning against the arm rest.

Tai walked over to me, laying down by my feet. I noticed the LED on Ralph's temple shift from blue to yellow, and then back to blue. His hand lowered, as he started to wake up. Blinking a few times, before turning his head towards me. "Good morning, Ralph. Feeling better after a night's rest?" I greeted him. "Yes. Ralph needed that" he answered. I smiled, although he couldn't see it, since I have my scarf. "You look better too. You must have been exhausted" I commented, sitting up straight, but keeping my elbow on the arm rest. I turned my attention back to the TV, and Tai jumped up to have her front paws on Ralph's chest. I listened to the reporter talking about deviants.

I got up and walked over to the Tv to turn it off, after hearing the news about the AX400. "That AX400... she's Kara isn't she?" I stated. Ralph was still behind me, playing with Tai, on the couch. He looked up when I mentioned Kara. "People are on edge... I've seen it... Realistically, everyone has been on edge since the PL600 with the girl on the balcony. Because apparently-" I turned to face him. "-if one individual does something wrong, the entire race is to blame" I continued, crossing my arms. Closing my eyes. "But racism isn't going anywhere. It's always going to stick around no matter how hard we try" I finished, looking back to the android, who was now standing. Facing me. "It's why I don't like humans. We're scared of everything. Fighting which scares us with violence instead of trying to reason with it, and ourselves. But that's just biology. It's what we're taught to do" I said. Looking out the window, to the cleared garden. "They even attack me because of my scar" I added quietly, tugging at the white scarf, making sure it doesn't fall off.

"Androids are much more calculated. And all the cases where androids have killed, it's been through self defense. It's clear when you read between the lines, but the media doesn't show the truth" I continued. I glanced over to Ralph, and smirked. "I feel like I can understand androids, more than what I understand humans" I turned my head back towards him and tilted it. Waiting if he'd say anything. I sighed, and looked down to the floor. "I just wish more people would see who you really are. The few friends I had left me long ago because I cared about, and treated, androids as if they were human too" I continued, not looking back up.

I felt Ralph take my hand, and raise it. Holding our palms together. I looked back up, to see the remaining skin retracted, and blue light shining from his palm and knuckles. "You know I'm human... I can't interface like androids can" I stated, with a light chuckle. "Ralph knows that. He just wanted to make (Y/N) feel better... Ralph doesn't like seeing her sad" he answered. I giggled, covering my mouth with my other hand. He reached for the scarf, before hesitating as the LED started blinking red. He retracted both of his hands, and excused himself to tend the garden.