Tree for Christmas Cheer (Golden_Tayyy) (2020)

Dedication: BillTemple

Oh! My tree for Christmas cheer.

Could bring Ol'Nannie to shed a tear.

And it is filled with all the memories I hold dear.

The red and gold painted glass bauble that screamed holiday!

The wooden gingerbread man that reminded me of the cookies I would steal from granny's jar and run away.

The icicle shaped glass that signified the first sight of the holiday snowflake that brought mounds of snow.

The fuzzy snowman right beside the bright balls called an exciting snowball fight that would later get me a cold and a loud bellow.

Atchoo!

The little ceramic angel that told me God's guidance was with me.

The fruit basket awoke my senses to the glistening chicken in the oven and a lot more on the table laid to see.

The red striped peppermint candy cane watered my buds for the chocolate bars, caramel pops and peanut butter cups that were to come.

The little drummer boy made me reminisce the melodious voices of the carols that had begun.

All my favorite things shine bright on my tree for Christmas cheer,

But nothing shines brighter than the big star that gives way for the colourful lights to emanate the tree's glory.

Happy Holidays!