Ten

It had been a week since Raina had returned to her normal scheduled, Regulus made sure to help her catch up on all that she missed, while OWLs were coming sooner and sooner. But before anyone could worry about that, Christmas was just around the corner.

Raina would be returning to her home with James, nervous to see her parents again. Though Fleamont and Euphemia tried their best to be supportive of Raina, it was plainly obvious that they were secrety disapointed that Raina hadn't been sorted into Gryffindor like her brother.

But Raina wasn't focused on her family issues, she was far more worried about Regulus. For she knew the awfulness of living with Walburga and Orion Black. She had told Regulus that he was more than welcome to stay with her if things got too rough, but he respectfully declinded, explaining that his parents would not be very pleased if he did such.

Regulus and Raina stepped off of the Hogwarts express and onto Platforms 9 3/4, where parents waited for their children to return home.

"You sure you'll be alright?" She asked his worriedly.

Regulus gave her a small smile. "I'll be alright." Regulus pulled Raina into a warm embrace that she returned, burrying her head into his neck.

Raina let go, seeing her parents standing behind Regulus with uncomfortable looks. Regulus turned around to see Fleamont and Euphemia Potter looking at the two. Regulus cleared his throat awkwardly and turned back to Raina. "I reckon they want me to leave." Raina sadly looked at her friend.

"Promise to write?" She asked him.

"I promise."

Raina nodded her head and watched Regulus walk off to Walburga Black who seemed to be in a bad mood, for she didn't even look at Regulus when Raina barley heared him say, "Hello, Mother."

Raina siged and made her way over to her parents.

"Raina, darling, how are you?" Her mother asks with an obviouly foced smile.

"Wonderful, mother." She sighed. Euphemia and Fleamont looked at Raina with concerned eye's until James and Sirius hopped off of the train.

"James!" Euphemia ran over to James and hugged her son, planting kisses all over his cheeks.

"Alright mom, all right." James chucked, making his way out of his mothers grip.

"Oh, and Sirius." She smiled, pulling him into a hug and planting a kiss on his cheek as well.

"Sirius, M'boy." Fleamont said with a smile, holding his hand out to Sirius.

"Mr. Potter, sir." Sirius smiled, shaking Fleamont's hand.

"Doing well in school?" Fleamont asked Sirius.

"Yes, sir."

"Good, and I trust you're still the best beater that Gryffindor Quidditch has ever seen?" He asked, clapping Sirius on the back.

"Absolutely, Sir." Sirius chuckled.

"Good to hear." Fleamont smiled.

Raina watched her parents talk to Sirius, and she couldn't help but feel a little hurt. Raina returns home after three months, and gets a 'how are you?', while James gets showered with love, and Sirius, someone who isn't even their own child, gets their undevided attetnion.

"Sirius!" The family hears a bitter voice shout. Everyone turned the head to see Walburga and Orion Black. "Get away from those awful blood-traitors this instant!"

Sirius rolled his eyes and turned back to Fleamont. "I suppose I better go."

Fleamont and Euphemia gave Sirius sad looks as Fleamont puts his hand on Sirius' shoulder. "You know son, if your family ever gives you a hard time, you're more than welcome to stay at our house for a little bit. Our home is your home."

Sirius looked at the ground and smiled. "Thanks, but, I don't think you'll have to worry about that."

"Sirius!"

Sirius looked at his angry mother and sighed. "It was good to see you guys." He smiled before walking off to his mother, who immediately started yelling at Sirius.

James, Fleamont and Euphemia watched Sirius with sad eyes as he endured his mother's yelling. Raina tried to feel bad for Sirius, but why should she? If he were so unhappy, he'd come live with them, considering her parents probably offered him a hundred times.

Raina sighed. "Okay, can we go home now?"

The three looked at her with shocked faces.

"Raina, thats incredibly rude." Euphemia told her daughter.

"In what way? Because I think staring at a family is incredibly rude, but whatever." Raina walked through the barrier as her parents exchanged looks, before following out the barrier.

***

As Raina walked thorugh the door of her home, she immedeitly walked to her room. Opening her door to be reavealed with the same messy bedroom that she had left it.

Her bed sat in the center of the back wall, with untidy, messy black bed sheets on top. A book shelf on the left wall, with a bean bag sitting next to it. Her record player next to her bed on the right, sitting on top of a night stand with her records lazily laying by the night stand on the floor. Clothes scatered all over the ground, pictures of her and her friends on a night stand to the left of her bed. Slytherin posters all over the walls.

Raina took no time to jump onto her cold, comfortable bed, ready to drift off into her daily nap, that she only got to take when she were at home, when James came through her door.

"What?" She sternly asks.

"Mum wants to know if you want any Christmas cookies?" Raina sighed.

"Yeah, sure. Bring me two peanut butter ones and one sugar cookie."

"Well I didn't say I was going to get them for you." James said, squinting his eyes. "Get off you're lazy arse and get them yourself."

Raina scoffed at her brother who had already gone back down stairs. Raina rolled out of bed and made her way down to the kitchen where her mother was wipping down the counter and her father was sitting at the table, reading The Daily Prophet.

Déjà vu

Raina walked to one of the cabinets to grab a small plate, and over to the counter where large plates of Christmas decorated cookies sat.

Raina filled her plate with her desired cookies, and sat down across from her father as her mother set a cup of milk down by her plate. "Thank you," She mumbled.

"Oh, Merin." Fleamont says, rubbing his forehead. Raina and James looked up.

"What is it, dear?" Euphemia asked her husband.

"What's up dad?" James said over Euphemia.

"Listen to this." Fleamont says. "Muggle family of six found dead in their home in London. Signs of the Cruciatus and Killing Curse were both found. Ministry of Magic believes that this is the work of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named. Ministry officials strongly suggest you do not go looking for He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, or any of his followers, also known as Death Eaters. If you think you've spotted a Death Eater, the Ministry asks that you do not try to battle them, and instead, report them to the Head of Auror Office. Officials also suggest that Muggle-Borns stay inside and stay safe.

Euphemia placed her hand over her heart, and all of a sudden, James and Raina weren't so hungry anymore.

"This is the fourth killing this year." James said with his jaw clenched. "Why isn't anyone doing anything?" He demanded.

"They're doing their best, son." Fleamont told his son.

"No they aren't!" Jame's said, standing up. "They're just hiding in fear. They aren't doing anything but telling people to stay inside. What if he got to Lily? Or Remus? Or Peter? Marlene?"

"Remus and Peter are half-bloods." Raina reminded him.

"So what? That doesn't mean he won't try and kill them too! What if he killed Snape?"

Raina's stomach tightened. "I-I'm sure a lot of the Death Eaters are Half-Bloods."

James sighed and sat back down, tears now in everyone's eyes. "We need to do something."