17.

"Just because she can't talk, it doesn't mean she can't hear you."
-unknown
___________________________

"-unknown___________________________

Hazel Fenty

I ran my fingers through her hair. My fingertips brushing mighty across the thick bandage that hugged her head. I looked at her windowed eyeballs move back and forth. Mom had hit her head on one of the nearby counters when she fell.

"I love you ma. I'm not gonna give up on you." I promised. Her chest moved up and down steadily as the monitor beeped.

I was still distraught at the fact that my mother was shot. She always said bullets didn't have a name on them but for some reason this one did. If it didn't, we'd all be back at the room talking about the tragic incident.

"Miss. Fenty, you can always come back tomorrow. Your father and your sister are waiting outside." I didn't feel like putting up a fight. I gave my mother three kisses, one on the forehead, and both cheeks.

"What time can I come back?" I asked, looking back at my mother's sleeping body.

"Eleven." The nurse smiled, I nodded and departed. The ride home was so quiet I could hear the silence. The car rocked every so often because of potholes and dips in the street.

"We may have to leave your mom down here when we leave to back home." I ears perked up. Leave her?

"Wait- we can't just leave her down here." I spoke, sitting up in my seat.

"We're gonna have to. If we move her that's gonna cost and we don't have that type of money right now." I rolled my eyes, that was bullshit.

"Dad, we at least have to try." I stressed, looking at him through the rear view.

"Hazel, please... just drop it." I sighed, propping my balled hand on my cheek. We can not just leave me mother down here. How will I be able to see her?

"Dad, how-"

"Hazel! That's enough!" Dad yelled, making me flinch. I didn't even wait for the car to come to a complete stop, I opened the door and got out. I retrieved my key card and went straight to the room. I slammed the door shut and threw myself on the bed.

As much as I tried to hold it in, the pain came out like an uproar from my throat in the form of a silent scream. The beads of water started falling down one after another, without a sign of stopping. I hit the head board and tried to scream, but my voice was melted by the sound of the place.