EIGHT ~ Voldemort and Death Eaters

A/N Please read the AN at the end of the chapter. It is important. Thank you:)

_Hermione's POV_

I woke up the next day feeling grateful that it was a Sunday. Of course I looked forward to my lessons, they are getting increasingly interesting as the year progresses. However, after that mini fight with Harry, I did not feel up to lessons. 

I took a look at the clock hanging on the wall in the middle of our dormitory. It read that the time right now was 0745. 

Whew, so I didn't oversleep by much, I usually try my best to wake up at around 7 to 8 so that I can start the day bright and early, having plenty of time to do whatever I need. Since I did not get much homework done yesterday because it was Hogsmade weekend, I had to complete them by today. 

Speaking of classes, the toad is not even teaching us any practical spells. What good is memorising a textbook word for word going to do when you-know-who is out there. I know that I do exactly that, but I still learn practical spells, they are more important. Knowing the information in the textbook just makes doing the practical spells easier because it describes exactly how to perform them. However, the textbook the toad assigned does not even provide any important information on spells. They are just about the importance of protecting yourself against your enemies. I mean, its common sense, no one needs a textbook to tell you that. Even Crabbe and Goyle know that. 

I had come up with this idea where Harry could perhaps teach all those students who are willing to learn actual DADA. However, I knew that Harry would just decline this idea so I have not brought it up with him yet. 

I thought Harry would be great for this job because he is the best in our year in DADA and he has faced you-kno- Voldemort, his name is Voldemort, I told myself, in the flesh. I knew he would deny all the amazing things he had accomplished when I bring it up to him soon. 

I sighed, when will he get it into his thick skull that he is honestly a very powerful and smart wizard who has shone extreme bravery in tough times? I'm guessing never. 

While I was having this conversation with myself, I had gotten ready to go to the Great Hall for some breakfast. 

I considered making my way there myself, or waking up Ron (I know for a fact that he will be asleep) I sighed, Harry is probably awake, he hardly gets any sleep without a dreamless sleep potion. 

In the end, I decided to wake Ron up and go to the Great Hall with my two best friends. 

Now that I think of it, I hope Harry will talk to me. He is probably still upset that I made him spill some of his secrets. 

I grab my favourite book by a muggle author, a quill and some spare parchment just in case, and put them into my sling bag. Then, I made my way to the boys dormitory, careful not to wake the rest of the girls up. 

~ Boy's Dormitory ~

I knew it! Ron is sleeping like a pig. Oh well, we did have a late night last night, can't blame him. 

I looked to the bed on his left to see that it was neatly made. It did not look like it had been touched last night at all. 

Oh no! Where is Harry?

Relax. I tried telling myself, he is probably somewhere in the castle. Nothing bad could have happened, could it? 

I quickly and quietly made my way to Ron's bed to wake him up, careful not to wake up Dean, Seamus and Neville. 

"Ron, Ron!" I whisper-shouted at him, trying but failing to shake him awake. 

"Ron! Harry's missing!"