0.1

I took a sip of my coffee, watching students filter into the small lecture hall in small groups, with the exceptional few that were alone.

I was substituting for a teacher who had disappeared, having to teach a class on religious beliefs of the world, that covered both past and present.

Sometimes it really sucked to be the only one in the relative area with a degree in ancient civilizations and cultures, as well as religious studies.

Glancing at the clock, I saw that it was time to get started.

Sitting the mug back on the desk, I got up and pulled the projector screen down and turned on the projector.

"All right then. As you all may have noticed, I'm not exactly your normal teacher. My name is Ms. Russel, and I'll probably be your substitute for a few days," I said.

"Aren't you a little young to be college professor?" Asked one of the students, chuckling at his own remark.

"Did I ever say anything about being a professor?" I responded.

That hushed him up.

I was about to continue when the door to the room opened up, the dean of the school walking in with two men in suits.

The dean gestured for them to sit and wait, then signaled for me to continue with the class, meaning that the business would be attended to afterwards.

"Anyway, I see that you gave been going over Ancient Greek Mythology?" I asked, looking around the students, a few of which were nodding.

"I don't see why we're going over it. We already know about Zeus and the Olympians from high school," said the same kid who had talked earlier, whispering it to his friend.

"Okay. What's your name?" I asked him.

All of the eyes in the room, except for the two men in the suits who were now sitting in the front row, were on the student.

"Uh, Mark," he said, obviously embarrassed.

"Well, Mark. Tell me about Hecate," I said.

"Who now?" He said.

"She's the goddess of magic and crossroads. Now, clearly you don't know everything. So please let me do my job," I said.

Again, he gave no response.

"There we go. Now, today's topic is the Underworld. I'm going to clarify now, it is NOT Hell. It's the collective afterlife. As you already know, this was Hades' domain, and the gate was guarded by Cerberus."

I took a few steps over to my laptop and clicked it, a map of the underworld appearing.

"But what you probably didn't know was that it had many parts. There were the Fields of Asphodel, which was the place where most people went. Then you had the Elysia, which can be compared to the Comfort Plus of the underworld. If you were a good person and lived a full life, this is where you could go. Here there was also the option of rebirth, and if you made it into Elysia three times, you got a ticket to the Isles of the Blessed, which is like First-Class for the dead," I said, gesturing to each part.

"There are two more main parts left. Anyone have any guesses?" I asked, looking around.

A girl in the very back slowly raised her hand.

"Yes?" I asked, letting her know that she could answer.

"Is one the Fields of Punishment?" She asked.

I nodded. "Yes. The Fields of Punishment were just that- this is the area that was more along the lines of what the Christians perceive as Hell. Here you can find those that pissed off the gods, such as Tantalus."

I clicked a button on my laptop, and a painting of Tantalus appeared on the projection screen.

"This wicked ruler thought it would a great idea to test the gods'. The ancient Greeks believed that the gods were all-knowing, meaning that they knew everything at any given moment. After being invited to a feast with the gods, Tantalus decided that he would take care of the food and drink."

A couple students were scribbling things down, looking focused.

Out of the two men in suits, the one with the long hair looked the most interested, like he was actually listening.

"Now, to test the gods, Tantalus decided it would be a great idea to kill his son, chop up his body, and serve the gods a stew made out of him. The gods, being all knowing, knew this immediately. Zeus, along with the others, flipped out, and sent Tantalus to the underworld immediately, damning him to always be hungry and thirsty. He was placed in the middle of a pool of water with a fig tree hanging over him. When he reached for water, it went down, and when he reached for the tree, it moved out of his grasp."

"That covers the Fields of Punishment. Anyone know what the last part of the underworld is?" I said, looking around for hands.

When none of them appeared, I spoke up. "No one? How about one of you?" I asked, gesturing to the two men in suits.

Both of them looked surprised that I had asked them a question. The one with the long hair quickly recovered, clearing his throat.

"Tartarus," he said.

I nodded. "Tartarus was the Purgatory of the underworld. This is where most of the monsters went, including the titans."

After a little more elaboration on Tartarus, I ended the class.

Once all the students were gone, then two men in suits walked up to me.

"Alright, how can I help you two?" I asked.

"Agents Perry and Jackson. We're here to ask you about the professor that went missing?" Said the shorter one of the two as they both showed me badges.

To anyone, the badges would've looked normal.

But when you yourself had committed a few felonies, including impersonating a federal agent for a certain hunting job, you notice when they're fake.

However, the question was whether or not they knew.

"No you're not," I said.

"Excuse me?" Said the shorter one.

"You're not agents. I know a fake badge when I see one. Now, you may be here to investigate the missing people, but not for government," I said, crossing my arms.

"Wait, people?" Asked the taller of the two.

Shit, guess they hadn't put it together.

I hadn't just come here because the college needed a substitute. I was also here to investigate the missing people, to try and get information from the inside.

I didn't usually do hands-on hunting, but when a case was particularly tough or difficult to solve case, my friend Garth would give me a call.

Having a degree in religion and folklore did actually come in handy sometimes.

"Yeah, people. I'm assuming you didn't piece together past cases, as well as the mangled body they found in the woods," I said.

The two looked at each other, seeming to have a conversation.

"Okay, this question may sound a little weird, but how do you kill a djinn?" Asked the taller one.

"Wait, you guys do know? Thank god. That makes this a hell of a lot easier. Now, my name's Harlow Russel. Mind telling me what your real names are?" I asked.

Once again, the two looked at each other, having a silent conversation.

"I'm Sam Winchester, and this is my brother Dean."