Summer Vacation

Daiki's P.O.V

It was the first day of summer vacation! I can finally rest from all the hard tests and stuff! Until...

Our parents decided that we should spend the whole summer at Uncle Zenistu's place, which from hearing I heard it's weird. Dad said we should explore new things.. 

I wasn't having it, I planned my summer already! But there wasn't a way out on this one. Yoko was excited, she planned on having this dumb "romance" ever since she's gone crazy over boys, Yoichi went along with the idea and said this was a great opportunity to spend sibling time! 

and our newest member of the family, Ryuu. He's not much other than a weird quiet kid who obsesses over mystery stuff. He was adopted a few months ago, at first I didn't like it; I mean, getting a new kid that we don't even know? But he grew on me, actually, he's a lot like me.. physically, other than that he reminds me of Shinobu and that weird guy Douma.  

We set off onto the bus station, Mom and Dad hug us tightly. 

''We'll miss you guys okay? Behave while you're there too!'' Dad (Tanjirou) says as he sobs onto us ''And give Ryuu time to adjust too! remember he's new to all this'' He whispers to Yoko, Yoichi, and I. Yoko gave a determined nod while Yoichi and I gave thumbs up. 

''Hey! If you see anything weird send it to me!'' Mom (Inosuke) shouts '' I heard Gravity Falls has a lot of mysterious sightings!'' he grins ferally. 

''I'll get many pictures!'' I shout out ''Maybe we'll see monsters!''. Yoichi nudged me '' Don't get yourself too worked up Daiki, our bus is here. '' He smiles, almost as he inherited from Tanjirou. 

we pack our stuff, Me and Yoko sit up front and watch the view from the window, Yoichi tries to barb Ryuu to sit with us after he caught him in the back corner. And after so many tries, he obligates, sitting behind us as Yoichi sits with us. As the base starts to leave we wave frantically at our Parents. 

Dad was a sobbing mess as Mom waved energetically. Soon we lose sight of them as the bus drives away. I sit back and sigh putting on my headphones as I look out the window listening to music. 

•    •   •└ ○  ─────────── ○ ┐•   •    •

No P.O.V

Daiki woke up with a startled expression, Ryuu shook him awake as he pointed at the window ''We're here Daiki!'' He says aloud, both Yoichi and Yoko were already looking out the window, 

''Daiki wake up! Wake up, wake up, wake up!!'' Yoko shook him harder, giving Daiki a headache ''I'm up, I'm up!'' he groans getting up from his seat, he sees both Yoko and Ryuu running out the door, both hugging Zenistu who's waiting outside, He sees Nezuko and their children. Fujiko, the eldest, and the twins' Shin and Shion.  I ran outside jumping up and tackling the two, Yoichi on the back yelling at me to not do it.. even though I did. 

''Daiki!! Long time no see!'' Fujiko smiles, hugging her cousin she hasn't seen in years. though the connection was there, there weren't any real-life interactions.  

''I missed you guys so much!'' Daiki smiles receiving another hug from Shion. ''Who's that?'' She points at Ryuu, giving off a suspicious look. 

''Shion! I thought we told you that's your new cousin!'' Nezuko scolds her placing her hands on her hips. Ryuu simply waves ''I'm Ryuu'' he says in a calm voice. This sent shivers up her spine but was quickly replaced by a smack on her back by her twin.

''C'mon! there are so many things we gotta show you guys!'' Shin smiles, dragging Daiki inside the shack. He looks up, It was slightly torn here and there but big enough to fit a whole family in it. Perfect for them. 

There was a room up on the roof, There were boxes and papers cluttered around, Shin opened a door that leads to a room with two bunk beds, ''You guys will be sleeping here for the summer, hope this helps'' Shin grins sheepishly. Ryuu would look up, quite intrigued by the surroundings as Yoko jumped onto a bed on the top ''DIBS!'' She yells laughing. Yoichi takes one of the beds below while Daiki takes the one on top.  Ryuu on the other hand... Just sets his stuff down and looks out at the window, something was off about the place but he couldn't put his finger on it. 

''I'll leave you guys to rest, hope you enjoy Oregon though!'' Shin smiles as he closes the door, heading downstairs. Daiki sighs, starting to unpack his things as Yoko giggles, having a magazine open. 

''You don't plan on dating every boy you see do you?'' Daiki frowns. '' C'mon bro! This is my one chance to date someone! I have planned a whole summer romance!'' She squeals, kicking her legs as she kept reading. 

''A childhood friend of mine lives here.. she can show us around as well... '' Ryuu offers quietly, a shy vibration accent from him. ''That's a great idea!'' Yoichi smiles ''maybe we can meet up with her, what's her name?'' He insists. 

''Her name is Nekoma'' Ryuu turns to make eye contact, facing them with his blank red eyes. Daiki tilts ''What does that mean?'' 

''It's another term for cat'' Yoko sticks her tongue out ''everyone knows that'' she snickers, teasing her brother. ''At least I'm older!'' he rebuttals ''which makes me wiser! respect your elders Yoko!'' He teased back. 

and it went on for a minute, the two roastings each other as Yoichi tried to calm them down. Ryuu walked out of the door, A triangle -  like window caught his eye, He observes it, an unsettling feeling sent him shivers down his sensitive skin. He looks down and notices a box half-open, he takes a peek and finds a book with a stamp of a six-fingered hand. He grabs it and opens it to take a look, amazed by the discovery, He was amazed by the information about it. 

''Goblins, Unicorns, and more?'' He muttered to himself. ''There's more to this roadside...'' He whispers. He was startled by a shout made by Daiki, ''Ryuu! You have to see this! There's a squirrel fighting a cat!'' Ryuu rolled his eyes and chuckled, shuffling the book onto his black coat and walking inside the room... But what he read in that book left him thinking. 

'' A-X-O-L-O-T-L, my time has come to burn! I invoke the ancient power that I may return! '' 

• • •└ ○ ─────────── ○ ┐• • •

End of chapter 1