Rules, rules, rules

good morning my beautiful people!! as you know I posted on tik tok about a new Ronnie fic!! I was honestly shocked by the reactions I got from you guys!! I got bored one day and made a Ronnie edit on my tik tok (IYKYK) and that inspired this...

I really hope y'all enjoy it as much as I do!!

let's get spooky with Ronnie
-dal
------------------

Zombies. Ronnie wished his chief, Cliff, and fellow officer, Mindy, believed him when he told them that's what they were dealing with.

Reanimated. The undead. Gotta go for the head.

He repeated this over and over again to them. Cliff was an old man, but he pulled his weight in their survival. Mindy on the other hand... was the weakest link of the group. It was obvious. Ronnie and Cliff were fighting the undead while she sat in the backseat of the cruiser, hyperventilating.

Now, Ronnie wasn't into all the zombie movie tropes. He knew better than that. There were obvious ones that he would follow, like 'Double-tap' and 'Don't be a hero.' You could never be too safe when it comes to the undead. He also would never go out of his way and risk his life to show off. During the times like these? He would have to be stupid to do that.

Ronnie also knew that he needed to warm up before going into the 'battlefield.' Limbering up was important. He would do lunges with his machete before leaving the station. Jumping jacks if he was feeling particularly stiff. It was good to get the blood pumping and muscles contracting. It was sometimes the only thing that would differentiate himself from the zombies.

Ronnie was always quiet and to himself, sure, but sometimes he needed excitement. Passion, even. He was a simple man, but sometimes he needed a change of pace. That's why he started taking night drives by himself. He knew it was safer in a group, but he just needed time to think. Time to be alone. He would zig-zag through the streets, avoiding the zombies like it was some sort of game. Anything to keep him from going insane. It was just the same thing night after night. The same car, the same route, even at the same time. Just like clockwork.

The biker zombies would hang at the diner, the jock zombies would roam the football fields and various courts, blah blah blah. Ronnie was almost annoyed. It was like a broken record that he couldn't fix. Almost like Groundhog Day. Ronnie was pretty good at being stoic but lately, he's been rolling his eyes... a lot.

It was one particularly boring night when Mindy was on her shift to rest. Cliff paced back and forth, humming the same song over and over again. It seemed like Ronnie couldn't get out of this never-ending loop.

They were pretty confident in their setup since boarding up the front door and windows. The only way in and out was through the backdoor of the station.

"I'll be back in a few." Ronnie would say every night.

"Now you be careful, Ronnie." Cliff would say back, looking at him over his glasses.

There was only one radio station on the air left, and they barely played music. Mostly talked about what they saw outside their window and what they missed before everything changed.

Going to the movies, baseball games, and picnics. That's what Ronnie missed the most. He tried remembering the last time he did any of those things, but it seemed like it was longer than he thought. Even before the undead started roaming the streets, he was stuck in a boring loop. This made Ronnie clench his jaw. He needed something different. He needed to branch out. Well, only a little. He could get into some dangerous situations if he branched out too far. It was a while until he finally decided what to do. He tapped the radio with his fist, shutting the radio off. He needed his full attention.