0.1

🧸

"Lee Jia, hurry up!" Seyoung yells at me, telling me to be faster. I throw my purse around my shoulder, pushing in the plastic chair at the marble cafe counter.

"Coming, wait!"

I scurry over to her. "Sorry, hey!"

Seyoung smiles and looks at me. "Yeah, yeah. It's fine." I smile in return. I hold open the door for her and watch her walk out first, following. We walk next to each other down the sidewalk, looking at the cars driving by.

Han Seyoung is my best friend of 10+ years. We know everything about each other, and I basically spend all day with her; when we aren't in school, of course. Our sandals clap on the sidewalk as we continue on.

"Hey, Jiah. Have you heard of BBLUE?" I look at her, furrowing my eyebrows. I shake my head.

"Blue?" I repeat.

"No, it's BBLUE, pronounced bee blue. It's one of the most popular apps right now!" Seyoung pulls out her phone and shows me the app on her phone screen. I look at the blue icon of the app, and shrug.

"What's the point of the app?"

We keep on walking as we hit the end of the sidewalk. Standing, waiting for the red light, she answers. "Alright, basically it's an app where you can talk to people and just make friends. It's amazing! I even got a blind date from this app...!"

I smile.

"Well, aren't there many apps like this? Just use tinder or something..." I look at her and continue. "It isn't that different. I don't see why people are obsessing over this app."

Seyoung gasps like I just offended her, which I probably did.

"Hey! Listen, just download it, okay? You'll meet some good people on there." I nod in agreement. It won't hurt to give this a try, even though it seems kind of basic.

Seyoung adds on, "Oh, by the way. When you use this app, you don't tell them your name or anything about you. That's why it's so fun! You speak anonymously under a certain screen name and can make friends."

"Okay, I'm impressed. That sounds pretty fun!"

I laugh with her as we cross the street. "Just make sure you're not texting some weirdos pretending to be someone who they aren't, okay?"

She smiles and nods. "Alright, Jiah!"