The Grand Miracle

"And here we see the beauty herself: The Grand Canyon!" As the tour guide yelled, it echoed down the canyon, and all the tourists 'oood' at the sight, taking their photos, before moving on. One kid stood back, staring into the abyss and waiting, tapping their foot over and over. The tour guide saw, letting everyone go on and coming back to talk to the parent. "Is there something wrong?" They shook their head. 

"No, he's just been saying the funniest things, he has." The parent ruffled the kid's hair, and they batted at them. "Something about snow?" The kid looked up and grumbled, looking back at the canyon once again. The tour guide nodded leaning down at the kid's height.
"What's this about snow?" The kid kicked a rock down the canyon, past the railing, listening to each knock and tumble as it descended. 

"Well, I asked Santa to make this trip fun, and I put in small writing 'Please make it snow!' and even added the little line and dot to make it important, and nothing's happened yet, and the trip's almost over!" they kicked another rock, and the tour guide put a hand on the kid's shoulder, with a pleasant smile. 

"Well kid, that's because it doesn't snow very often in Arizona, let alone all the way out here. I don't think this is a wish that Santa can-" The kid's eyes opened wide, pointing into the air in front of him. The tour guide turned to see a single snowflake resting gently on their finger.
Out of nowhere, the snow began to fall, deep and thick, all along the canyon, all that was left to see was the river, which flowed free and cool. The kid's face drew a huge smile, as they looked up at their parent, who was beginning to creep up the same face as the tour guide's, a look of pure amazement. The rest of the tourists flooded back to see the marvel at work, taking many a picture in the process. The kid looked up at the Tour guide with glee stretched along their face, shouting "I knew he could do it!"