Prologue

Niji P.o.v

I stood in front of the desk belonging to none other than Ogai Mori,leader of the Port mafia,also someone who disgusted me. I’d just been given an invitation to join,despite me being only fifteen. I heard a knock at the door. “Come in.” Mori said.

A man with bright red hair walked in. He was wearing an expensive looking suit and a funny looking hat. “Hello Chuuya.” Mori said. “Good morning Sir.” Chuuya said,throwing me a curious glance. “So,what do you say, Aoi-chan?” I let out a small laugh and nodded. “Oh.” Mori smiled. “Bad choice of words wasn’t it?” 

“Chuuya.” The redhead looked at Mori. “This is Niji Aoi,your new partner.” He said. I held my hand out to the taller man. He took it and shook my hand. “Chuuya Nakahara.” I nodded. He looked a little confused. “Ah yes,one last thing. Miss Aoi doesn’t speak,in fact I have never heard her voice,so have fun.” Mori dismissed us.

“So,how are we gonna communicate? You could write stuff down,but that might not be effective in battle.” He said. I shrugged,I never really had any need to communicate with anyone. Chuuya sighed,most likely annoyed.  “Well I guess I can show you around in the meantime and maybe we can get to know each other.” I nodded.

I took his phone out of his pocket without him noticing as we walked. A passcode? I put in the combination 0719 and I smiled when it worked. “Here are the dorms- How did you get that?” Chuuya yelled. He snatched the phone from me. “How did you get into it?” 

I smiled under my scarf and pressed a few buttons, opening the messenger app. I tapped on my name. He scowled. “You’re already annoying.” He said. Understandable