eleven

WINTER POV

"i can't believe aeri gave us the dangerous task. we could literally get attacked. and what if jeewon sees us? we'll be dead," i slurred. "shut up and stop complaining, will you? you're becoming like ningning," karina said. i pouted and stopped. 

we were tasked to follow jeewon to her so-called hideout, because i blurted that i'd once seen them after hanging out with some guys. "there she is," karina exclaimed as we watched her leave her house, from behind a bush. she headed our way, so we quickly put on our masks. we followed her to the park and then to the forested grass patch right outside our school. 

jeewon stopped in the middle of the dark vegetation. "where are y'all!" she shouted into her phone, "studying! go join those nerds! fuck off!" soon, chaesol and semi arrived. and later on, seline, with some other people, we'd never seen before. karina whipped out her phone to film it, but as soon as she began recording, a bright flash shot from her phone. 

the crowd turned to our direction and karina immediately kept her phone. "shit!" my heart was beating so quickly as i stood rooted to the spot. jeewon walked over, and said, "who told you to spy on us? is it haechan's shitty twin sister? or his girlfriend, whatever she is, how can such a lowly person be related to haechan?" 

"oh are you salty about it?" karina said sassily. "hoe's mad," she shrugged at me before attacking jeewon again, "suck it up and go home. you act like a child, have you even been attending the right school. and oh my gosh, it's past midnight. shouldn't you be asleep? mummy will get mad if you stay past bedtime." jeewon was obviously furious at us, and threw a slap across karina's face, but she didn't fall. it was as if karina had already knew it would happen. 

"we were just returning from the library and took this road. it's dark so we turned on our flashlight. didn't expect to see you here. so could you get out of our way, and let us go?" i said. jeewon looked embarrassed and stepped away. i left with karina, defeated. 

"you know, winter. there's something called a plan b," she laughed as we exited to the urban area. "what?" i asked, confused. "i left a hidden camera there. it's called planning. i took those hidden camera things from my dad's store in case we got exposed," she laughed. my eyes widened in admiration, "wow."

"i'm a genius."

"no you're not."

"yes."

"i was the one who got us out of there."

"okay, fine. let's go home."

- time skip -

i met karina an hour before school started and headed to the vegetation again. she bent to pick up the minute tripod on the grass and paused the recording. "let's get out of here, in case anything happens," i suggested. we headed to the riverside as karina connected the file to her phone. 

we watched the recording. main points, like jeewon saying the usual mean stuff about us. the strangers were sasaengs. jeewon told them to follow and corner donghee and ningning, and lots of other parts of her plan. "i'll kill them myself," she said. "my parents will be able to bail me out of whatever sentence i get." 

"now what," i looked at karina. 

"we give this to giselle and make sure we beat them to it."

"okay. i'm scared."

"so am i. if we don't get the truth out first, we could lose two more friends."

i didn't want to lose a friend, let alone two. i had already lost my closest kin, my brother, and i can't bear to have any more people leaving me. i nodded as karina sent the file to giselle. "got it," she texted. now we only had one more part to complete.