𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏: 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐭

With gorgeous brown locks that fell just below her shoulders, a slim nose, and mocha skin that always seemed to shimmer, Oliver refused to believe that Marcella was even related to her troll of a brother. She did share one trait of his, however, and it was that she was just as fiery.

Oliver found it cute. He enjoyed her sarcasm, which often landed her in trouble, even when it was directed towards him. He loved it when she called him an idiot. He loved it when she rolled her eyes at him. He loved everything about her.

Well except her brother; and that was the problem.

Oliver sat in his Defense Against the Dark Arts class, tapping his foot furiously against the stone floor, his figure in the classroom, but his mind on the quidditch pitch

WOOSH!

A small paper plane soared through the air, landing onto his desk and unfolding itself before him.

"Quirrell's lectures are so boring. Almost worse than your pre-game quidditch speeches. So glad I'm not in Gryffindor.

-Marcella"

"You say that now, but just wait. You'll see when we win the quidditch cup.

-Oliver"

"You're boring."

-Marcella"

"Thanks for the insight. Even after the hundred times you've already told me, I still hadn't managed to notice before.

-Oliver"

"Cl-Class is dism-dismissed," Quirrel stuttered almost immediately after Oliver had sent off his final note. He gathered his books, walking past Marcella, who rolled her eyes at him in response to his message.

"Bye boring," she poked at him innocently as he passed. Oliver huffed, raised an eyebrow, and continued to depart.

Outside the classroom, Fred and George, the two red-headed Weasley twins stood waiting for him.

"Why the stupid grin on your face, Ollie?" questioned George, messing up Oliver's hair.

"I thought I told you not to call me that." Oliver said, swatting at George and trying to change the subject.

"His girlfriend is a touchy subject George, leave him alone," Fred said playfully.

"She's not my girlfriend," said Oliver, his face turning red. "I don't even like her."

"Your face says otherwise" Fred smirked.

Oliver shot him an annoyed glare. "Whatever mate, I'm off."

"Off where?" the twins said in unison.

"To find better friends." Oliver whisper-yelled jokingly, his hand around his mouth as he walked backwards down the corridor.

"Ow!" Someone stumbled into Oliver, losing their balance. Time almost slowed for Oliver. Or at least it felt that way when you had lighting fast reflexes.

Without even looking, Oliver dropped his books and used his now free hands to catch the female figure who had just run into him.

"Holy- how did you-" she gasped.

"I'm a keeper love, it's my job to catch things. Although, usually I catch quaffles, not-" He looked down to see that he had caught no other than Marcella Flint.

"You were gonna say hot girls, right?" she smirked.

"Huh-n-no" Oliver stammered nervously.

Marcella stood herself up, smirking and smoothing out the imaginary wrinkles on her robes.

"I was gonna say, klutzes."

"Good one," Marcella said, patting him on the cheek playfully.

"We've got potions now. Let's go," she dragged him by the hand, but he quickly pulled away.

"Marcella! I can't be seen with you!"

"Oh Oliver, Oliver! Herefore art thou Oliver? Deny thy father and refuse thy name," she said, placing a hand over her forehead dramatically.

"Then you can be seen with me" she added.

Oliver looked at her, confused.

"What? You've never read Romeo and Juliet?"

"No?"

Marcella sighed, taking a small book with velvet red skin out of her bag. She placed it into his hands.

"Well, now you can."

He placed it back into her hands.

"I don't read."

"You do now," she said, placing the book into his hands for the final time.

"By the way, you dropped this," Marcella said, placing a note into his hands.

"What? No, I didn't," Oliver claimed, examining the note that he had in fact not dropped.

"Just have a look at it" she shouted behind her as she walked away.