𝟦𝟥 | 𝖰𝖴𝖠𝖱𝖠𝖭𝖳𝖨𝖭𝖤

CORINNE HAD BUILT UP the courage to tell her mother the truth about where she was going

CORINNE HAD BUILT UP the courage to tell her mother the truth about where she was going. "Where you going?" Nicole asks, pausing the TV. "To see Jacobi and Riah, then Ima go see D." Corinne tells her putting on her chestnut colored Neumel Uggs. "No, you not."

"I can't go see Jacobi?" Corinne knew what she meant. "You know what the fuck I mean." Nicole says with a straight face. "You acting like me going to see him one time gone kill me." Corinne sighs. "It might. You don't know who he been around."

"Nobody, ma. Just let me go see him. Please? I promise when I come back I'll take my health shot, drink some tea, and elderberry." Corinne pleads.

"If you go over that boy house, the only thing you coming back here for is yo clothes." Nicole shakes her head. Dior was staying with her. "So you telling me if I go see Adonis, you putting me out?"

"You can come back after you took a Covid test and you don't got that shit." Nicole was not in the mood to play with her daughter. "You know if I go see him, I'm not gone get it." Corinne shakes her head. "You going to see Coriah and coming home."

"Mommy."

"Go pack a bag." Nicole knew Corinne had already made up her mind before she even volunteered the information. Corinne grumbles about how difficult she was being before going back in her room. She flops on her bed,pulling out her phone FaceTiming Demon. "You on yo way?" He asks. "You wanna quarantine with me?" She questions after shaking her head no.

"What happened?" He asks. "My momma tryna kick me out." She pouts sitting up to pack a bag because she knew he wasn't going to say no. "What you do?" She rolls her eyes at his question saying, "I didn't do anything but try to come see you and now...she talking bout I can't come home." Corinne shakes her head at the idea. "Awe so she serious about her quarantining?" He asks, laughing. "She dead serious and it's not even funny."

"Ion wanna get in between you and yo momma." He says. "So you saying I can't stay with you?" She asks, stopping in the middle of putting pajamas in the black vinyl and mesh Mickey Mouse bag her mom had gotten from DisneyWorld before she was even a sperm cell. "You got a key and the other garage opener for a reason but you can't just stay on bad terms with momma." He wasn't going to be the reason she wasn't talking to her mother.

"She the one on bad terms not me," She tells him.
"Okay, ma. You can move in with me right now if you want to but you and momma gone be cool."

Corinne knew her mother would be calling for her to come back before her first night was even over.

$ $ $

"What?" Demon asks standing against the wall while all the corner boys on this specific block filled the living room on the trap house. "Ion got all fucking day. Time is money and y'all missing out on mine sitting in my fucking face in silence."

He would need to smoke again after this because they were blowing his high. "W-w-we wanna know if-" He rolls his eyes seeing they had sacrificed the newest player in the game to ask their question. "Start over." Demon tells him. "We want to know if-" The boy's brother J-Rock starts. "Was I talking to you?" Demon looks at him. "My fault, big bro." He apologizes quickly looking at his brother to speak. "We want to know if we don't got red lights no more." He says lowly.

"Come here." Demon gestures to the boy, Bando who had been skimming money and product from him. "What this shit mean?" Demon yanks the "KTS" chain around his neck making it come off.

"Kill to Survive." Bando tells him looking at his chain in his boss' hand. "What that mean? Lil folks...what that mean?" Demon asks the boy. "Only kill when necessary."

"And when that's necessary?" Demon kept his eyes on the boy in front of him. "When somebody getting in yo way." He tells him. "In yo way of what?" Demon was waiting for anyone to answer but they were scared.

"What this mean?" Demon snatched the chain with the letters "H2GM" in camera lens. "Watch how to get money."

One thing a hood nigga loved was a acronym.

"So who we smokin' to survive?" He asks. "People who get in the way of making' money." J-Rock says. "And what we teaching y'all over here?" Demon asks. "You teaching-"

"Nah, Bando...what you been learning?" Demon's voice becomes menacing. "How to make money." He looks down. "So why the fuck you stealing my shit?" The boys start leaving out realizing the direction it was going in. "I-I..." He stutters. "You what?" Demon asks pulling the .44 out of his waistband.

"My daughter s-sick. She gotta get a pacemaker and she only two. I needed extra money and I needed a stress relief. I'll pay you back. I promise." Bando starts pleading.

Demon's heart softens at the mention of the little girl only to get over it at the mention of her being sick.

"What I tell you? What the fuck I tell everybody when they get in this shit?"

"Don't get high of yo own supply but I-" Bando attempts to explain when Demon cocks the gun. "She gone be better off without yo bum ass. You been got extra fucking money from me to pay for her surgery that you still owe on top of everything you stole. But I'm a nice ass nigga so I'mma do you a favor." Demon shakes his head as he starts his pleas. "Demon, please. I just wanna see her grow up. That's my baby. That's my baby."

"Watch her grow up from hell." Demon thinks raising his gun firing two shots into his heart and brain before walking out. "Goofy ass nigga." Demon shakes his head, nodding at one of the boys in charge of clean up to let them know they had a job. "Lil bro." Demon says getting the boy from earlier's attention. "Yes sir?" He asks.

Demon starts talking handing him the two chains, "Don't stutter. Don't lower you voice. Niggas gone walk all over you if you stay quiet."

♥︎♥︎♥︎
a/n: demon is a sick bitch. omg

i got my nap and i'm reading angie thomas' new book so here go the last two for today 🤍