Chapter Nineteen

Abba's P. O. V.

As i rushed out of Khalifas house, he and his wife ran to meet me outside asking what the problem is, an unknown sweat came rushing through my forehead and body, i told Khalifa the reason of my actions, Khalifa insist he drive, which i agreed as we drove out of the house, i called Fatimas phone the man who called answered, he said she was rushed to a hospital he told me the name of the hospital which i told Khalifa, he drove us all to the hospital, i called the man back and  ask him to wait for us at the entrance which he agreed, we reached the hospital.

I didn't wait for Khalifa to park well i rushed out of the car to meet the man, he took us to the nurse who explained that the doctors are still treating her and we should be patient, the man gave me Fatimas properties which they could retrieve, i was really nervous what will i tell my parent, how did this happen, while pacing through the hospital corridor, Khalifa placed his hand on my shoulder and ask me to sit, he said calm down Abbas everything will be alright, i looked at him and said are you sure Khalifa, he smiled and said Insha Allah just keep praying for her, i nodded and was making some Duas when i saw Surajo limping and looking around, immediately he saw me he rushed to our place.

We greeted and i was shock he drove her he explained everything, where they went and how the accident happen he kept apologizing, i sighed told him to stop apologizing it isn't his fault besides he also has few bruises on his hand and face a stitched wound on his leg, i ask him to go home and take some rest any new development i will let him know, he smiled and said Nagode Oga Nagode.

While escorting him to the exit he told me he reported the case to the police, they said they will follow it up, i thank him and bade him bye, i got back in to see a nurse rushing out of the emergency room shouting i approached her and thought she could tell me about Fatimas condition she asked who i was, i replied am her husband she sighs and said keep praying for her, we are all trying our best to save her and she left, i sat back on the chair near me, Amrah said inna lilahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un, i looked at her and shake my head she said ya Abbas please try calling her parent or yours so they will know what's going on, Khalifa said i agree with her, i was scared but i still called my parent and Fatimas, they both prayed and said any developments i should call them, we waited for hours that seems to be like forever.

The doctors came out and one of them approached us and said she's a fighter she survives it, i made a Sujud we ask if we can see her before you go the doctor said there's something i want to tell you, Khalifa asked which is doc, the doctor replied before they rushed her here she was unconscious and after the operation she is still unconscious due to dislocation she had in her leg and some few scratches or injuries in her hands, am afraid we can't say she's in coma yet until the analgesic wears off then we can determine that, i was dumb i could not say a word, it was Amrah who drag me and said let's go see her, we got into the room and there she was lying down unconscious a cast on her leg.

She doesn't deserve this i said Khalifa sighed, we stayed in the room, Amrah asked if she could go to my house and take some things Fatima might need, i bluntly refused telling her i will go take it myself, Khalifa and Amrah stood by me till late in the night, Khalifa said they are leaving, i accompany them to the car we bade each other and i thanked them, while going back to the ward i received a call from mom saying they are already at bauchi, i was wondering how fast she asked if am still on the line, i said yes she asked for the name of the hospital which i told her, she asked again if the hospital is private or government i said private, i ask her why all this questions mom, she replied so we will know if it's appropriate to visit, i sighed and said its private you can visit at any time, she said okay we are almost there.

Within 45mins they called saying they are at the door of the ward, i stood up open the door saw mom, ya Salim(Fatimas brother) and zahra, i ushered them in, mom started crying and chanting Inna lilahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un, her brother was making some Duas for Fatima when a nurse came in saying sir it's 11pm and our patient needs to change do you have her cloth, i replied i have to go get them she said please do, i  gave zahra my car key saying she should go get them when mom asked me to go, i disagree and said zahra should go, she encourage me saying they would be here for Fati, i got home and met a worried rabbi she said she didn't see Fatima, Surajo and i also, and she ran out of airtime, i broke the news to her and she was really sad.