Beautiful (Olive x Otto)

Olive stood in front of her mirror in her bedroom, tying her hair into her usual ponytail. She stared at her reflection and sighed in disapproval. She never did like her appearance all that much, but she tried to hide how insecure she was.

Every day, she would push back all of her insecure thoughts, managing to act confident enough around her coworkers. But it was all just that, an act. And it was getting pretty hard to keep it up.

She sighed again, tearing her gaze from the mirror in front of her, and walking out of her room.

Traveling through the tube system on her way to work, Olive couldn't help but think about Otto. She had been crushing on him for a while now, but she never tried to do anything about it since she knew there was no way that he was gonna like her back. She was too…. not pretty enough for anyone to like her. Or at least, that's the way she saw it.

Before she knew it, Olive was stepping off of the tube platform and walking into the main part of headquarters.

"Hey, Olive!" Otto greeted her as she walked in.

Olive smiled. "Hi, Otto." she said, walking over to her desk.

"What was holding you up today, Olive? You're usually here like, at least twenty minutes before now." Otto questioned curiously, looking at his watch briefly to check the time.

"Oh um, my alarm clock didn't work." Olive lied. The truth was that she was taking so much time worrying about her appearance that she lost track of time. But she wasn't about to tell Otto that.

Otto didn't really believe her lie, but he decided to graciously drop the subject.

Olive then got a genius idea. "I'll be right back, Otto." she said, not even waiting for his reply as she speed walked in the direction of the lab.

"Um ok...." Otto trailed off, staring after her.

"Oscar," Olive said as she approached the lab counter, Oscar looking up from whatever he was busy doing.

"Oh, hey, Olive. What do you need?" Oscar greeted her cheerfully with a friendly smile.

"Don't you have a gadget that can make me pretty or something?" Olive awkwardly requested, lowering her voice to make sure that Otto didn't overhear her.

"Make you pretty?" Oscar echoed back in confusion.

"Yes." Olive replied simply.

"Um I don't think I have any gadgets like that, but, Olive, you're already pretty. Why would you even need a gadget like that?" Oscar told her, seeming confused as to why Olive was even requesting this sort of gadget.

"Because, I'm not pretty enough for Otto to like me!" Olive accidentally shouted, instantly regretting it when she heard Otto say "What?" from behind her.

Olive froze, her cheeks turning pink from embarrassment.

"Olive?" Otto asked.

"I um I have to go." Olive said, darting off without even daring to look Otto in the eyes.

Olive ran into the hall of doors, and sat on the hallway floor up against a wall, crying with her hands over her face. It didn't take more than four seconds for Otto to come running up to her, his expression clearly one of concern.

"Olive? What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Otto asked, sitting down on the floor next to her.

"Because, Otto. I like you ok? Like as more than a friend. But I know you don't like me back." Olive told him, avoiding eye contact at all costs.

"Wait, what?" was all Otto could manage to say since he was pretty much speechless.

"I'm not pretty enough for anyone to like me!" Olive added, crying into her hands.

Otto shook his head "Olive, how can you say that? You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen!" he admitted.

"I know you're just saying that." Olive said.

"No I'm not. I really mean it." Otto told her, taking her hands in his.

Olive cautiously looked up at him as she blushed faintly. "Really?"

"Yes. I- I really like you Olive. Like, I really like you, I was just too scared to admit it since I thought you weren't gonna like me back." Otto explained, his cheeks turning crimson as he told her this.

Olive smiled, blushing even more. "Thank you, Otto." she said, throwing her arms around him in a hug.

"Anything for the girl I love." Otto replied, hugging her back. Then he was blushing again "Wait, did I say that out loud?" he asked nervously.

Olive giggled "Yeah you did. And I love you too, Otto." she said, pulling away to look in his eyes.

"So, will you be my girlfriend?" Otto asked hopefully.

"Yes, Otto. I'd love to be your girlfriend." Olive replied, smiling so wide that her dimples were showing, which Otto found extremely cute.

"Yess! Boom-girlfriend-alotta!" Otto cheered, grinning like an idiot, making Olive giggle.

They then stood up and walked back to the main part of headquarters, holding hands the whole time. And for the first time in a long time, Olive finally felt beautiful.

Posted! 😘 I hope you enjoyed this story! I personally think it turned out pretty cute! Also, should I do an Olive x Oscar story?? Let me know what you think about that in the comment section!

Plz comment, vote, all that fun stuff!

Thx! Kisses! 💖💖💖💖