what happened to us?

ship: dorbyn (+franiel)

type: sad, fluff

"what should i say?"

♣♣♣

corbyn is laying on his bed reading his favourite dorbyn fan fiction called summer fling. he read this story about like a five times this week, but he doesn't care at all.

"stories like this" he thinks, "i really wish they're true"

suddenly the name of his lovely best friend and ex-girlfriend pops up on his phone screen. he answers it without hesitation.

"hey chris" he says and put on fake smile. he doesn't want her to worry about him. not now, not again.

"what's wrong, little bean?" she can automatically say that something is off with her now brunet friend.

he sighs, "of course i can't fake anything with christina, she knows me too well, even better than boys"

"daniel" he shrugs his shoulders and smile leaves his face.

"oh" she is not surprised, not at all.

"did you talk to him?"

"no since we two broke up. he didn't even know it from me, chris! it's unfair. and now... now he is with her" she can clearly see tears creating in his eyes and he simply couldn't care less. it's christina, she knows everything about him, even things he doesn't know about himself.

"corb-" she tries.

"it just fucking hurts, chris! i think i can't do this anymore" the tears are falling down his cheeks and he doesn't have the strength to stop them.

"i'm so tired of pretending that everything is okay even when it's not! i gave up everything for him and he's-... he's-..." brunet boy breaks down.

chris stays silent while listening to sobs of her best friend. it hurts her to see him like this, but she knows she can't do anything for him right now. so she waits for him to calm down. and after five minutes the breakdown is gone.

"corbs?" she tries once again.

"uhm?" he respones.

"i just want you to try to understand it from his point of view" she sugests.

"what do you mean?" it confuses him.

"it's just... we were together for four years and he fell in love with you just few months after you've started the band. he was clearly flirting with you and you were doing exactly the same thing. but you had me, so you decided to keep it on friendship level after he confessed. even when you felt the same way"

"i just didn't want to loose you and neither him! but it didn't work at all" he starts tearing up again.

"how many times do i have to say it? you will never get rid of me, corbyn matthew besson, mark my words" chris strictly looks at corbs and he nods.

"okay, now, where was i? i know. you were scared, but daniel was still trying and you two spent a lot of time together. and when i say a lot, i mean a lot. but you were still with me and that's why you two were so tied up. i saw it myself, but it wasn't my place to say, you came when you were prepared. then i broke up with you, 'cause it was the right thing to do. and then this corona shit situation came and here we are. you don't talk to daniel, i'm gay as fuck living in new york with kay, daniel is dating franny, not because he is tired of you, just because he is confused as hell, and you are on the way to deep depression. my point is, bean, that daniel had a hard time before and now is your turn to have a hard time. but if you fight for him, it could be much easier than it was for daniel" she ends her monologue with slight smile.