2

Half an hour later I find myself at the skate park with Jesse. He got kicked out of the home 2 months ago because he was old enough to leave and they didn't want him. I have been bouncing from home since I could remember an if one of us got moved the other one would do something to go to that place. He is just like a big brother to me. We have never really, truly, been separated.

I sit down on the distressed fence and toss my bag against side my skate board. Jesse sees me and comes running towards leaving the group of guys he was laughing with. "What the fuck happened back their? I waited an hour out the front of that shit hole and you didn't show?" He asks without saying hello or anything along those lines. "The teacher wanted me to stay behind to tell me I was expelled and if I wanted to stay I would have to fuck him" He looks at me with confusion and the he starts to understand. "What?" I say as he continues to look at me without blinking "That makes more sense now" He mumbles and finally blinks and before I can question that statement he says "People are saying that he asked you to stay behind to tell you that you were expelled and you tried to seduce him & after he told you to leave you totalled his car." I look at him and get a sarcastic smile on my face "People suck!" I drop the smile and tell him what happened. I honestly don't know why people would say that, unless Mr. Coleman told that story. That's low. Even for a cold hearted prick like him, but I think I am more pissed off that people believe it. "Well, how about we avoid that dramatic drama and go to opals?" He attempts to make a puppy face so I will go but he knows that I think he looks so fulgy when he does it. "Is seven okay? I wanna go home and change first." I ask. "No, you're not allowed to get changed" He says sarcastically. I throw a soft punch on his left arm as if meaning to gesture a shut up. I throw on my bag quickly and jump on my skate board. As I get a fair distance away from him he yells out "And I'll be bringing the guys" I give him the thumbs up as I turn at the corner.

I reach my street and get off my skate board. I walk up the driveway and see that Angus and Grace are both home. I feel anxious and hope they don't know what happened, or got told Mr. Coleman's side of the story. I slip off my shoes and turn the knob slowly on the door without making any noise. I know if I don't get in trouble from the incident from school they will probably still be mad about me not coming straight home from school. I turn around to see them both sitting on the couch waiting for me. I see the neglect & disappointment fill them. Normally I don't really care because, well, I am not a caring person and every person that has ever known me or spoken to me knows that. But this time is different. I gain a heavy sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Angus stands up. "Do you know how worried sick we are Fenix?!!" I look down at my feet "Look at me when I am talking to you" I look at Grace then to Angus then back to Grace. Grace then looks up at me from looking down at the floor, her face is covered in anger. She stands up and walks over to me "I was sick to my stomach worrying about you! After you come home and then we get a phone call from your principal saying you got expelled after trying to get Mr. Coleman to sleep with you?!" I try to say something but all I can manage is opening my mouth. "You've only been here a month and were sorry to admit this. ." He continues as he puts his hand on Graces' shoulder to comfort her "Honestly, this has been the hardest month of our lives" Tears strt to control his emotions and Grace has dug her face into the tissue "We have arranged that Miss Darcy is coming to pick you up in about an hour, we have packed your things and now you can go to your room and call whoever you want to say goodbye to".

I don't feel anything. And I'm not going to apologise. I just leave the room and walk up stairs to my bedroom. I open the door and look around. On the ground in front of my bed are the suitcases. I sit down on the bed and get out my phone to call Jesse. What am I gonna say? This is what my life is usually like. Just moving from one orphanage to another and possibly getting adopted by people who want to be nice and have an older child and realise it was too much like in this situation. He finally picks up his phone:

Me: Hey. Jesse: Hey, what's up? Me: I'm going back to the Gateway Home now, you know with Darcy? Jesse: Yeah, You know what? I was actually starting to like this place. Why are ya' leaving them? Me: The school rang Grace and she got told the story you did. Will I meet you there? Jesse: What a bitch! Yeah, Okay. See you there. Bye