t h r e e

It was nearing the 4 in the evening. It was the last day on the horrid island. Peter would be arriving at 8 in the morning. I had made a diary. I wrote about our findings and also took photographs in my phone. I wrote in detail the series of events that took place during those killings.

"Laurie? All of us were thinking that we should scour the island to look for signs of someone else other than us on this island. Wanna come?", Nash asks.

'Yes. I think it is a good idea to stick together.", I reply.

We all change into casual clothes. Once everyone is ready, we set off. We start with the area in front of the manor. Me and Jennifer are right in the front, with Nash following behind us and Vincent behind him. We decide on walking in a clock-wise direction. We are nearing the garden when I hear Nash shout behind us, "Laurie! Jennifer! Vincent has disappeared!"

Both of look at each other in panic. We rush up to Nash and we trace our steps back to the way we came from. When we are in front of the manor, we notice Vincent sitting on the chair in front of the front door.

"Vincent? What are you doing here?", I ask impatiently.

"Pain...burning...pa- burning...dying...bur-pain...", Vincent mumbles.

All of us look at each other in confusion. "Vincent what is happening to you?", Nash asks.

"Mushrooms...kitchen...eat....pain..burning.AHHH!"

All of us watch as Vincent screams and then slumps down. Panicked Jennifer searches for a pulse.

"There is a pulse. No there isn't. Wait there it is.", she says.

"Leave it Jen. He is going to die."

"How do you know that?", she asks, nearly shouting, hyperventilating.

"He just said mushrooms. Let's go check first but I think he just ingested Amatoxin."

"Amatoxin?! But there are no mushrooms here from the death cap family!", Nash says.

"Someone put it in the kitchen.", I reply.

I pull my diary out and make notes before clicking some pictures. Then we head back inside. In the kitchen, on the serving table are a bunch of mushrooms from the death cap family.

All of look at each other in silence. Suddenly the doorbell rings. The noise reverberating all over the manor. Wide eyed, all of us creep towards the door. When I open it a bit to peek out, I see Peter standing there.

Sighing in relief, I quickly usher him in.

"What is a dead body doing outside?", is the first thing he asks.

We take turns explaining the series of events that took place and I also show him the images that I had taken.

After the entire story fest Peter asks us to pack our bags. Leaving right now is definitely the best thing to do before any more deaths take place.

Once all four of us are on the ferry, Jennifer, Nash and I sit huddled together to keep company to Peter on the deck. When we reach mainland, all of us get off the ferry thankful of having survived.

When our story is told to the FBI, they immediately get down to investigating it. However months after the investigation started, getting no leads, the process slows down.

The killer is never caught.

°°°

Intense. Wasn't it? Or maybe not. Lemme know!

V O T E

C O M M E N T

S H A R E  

Word Count: 575

xoxo
booknerd_me_

xoxobooknerd_me_