Fireproof

They were on a plane home from Portugal. Their European tour was finally over and they got to spend some time at home before they headed to North America to continue the tour. No matter how amazing as it had been they needed a break. Zayn was in a really bad shape. They had seen him go through a couple of anxiety attacks before they went on stage. It had been scary and they all felt powerless.

Being back in London meant that the stunts were coming. Both Harry and Louis were fed up with it. Harry would be set up on different dates and Louis would have to be seen in public with his beard Eleanor so he could get papped. It was always the same routine. They had pleaded countless times for it to end but their management refused to listen no matter how much it hurt them.

He wished they didn't have to fight for their love all the time. He wished their label and management weren't fucking homophobic assholes. Well, they could try and tear them apart but he and Harry were fireproof.
"Pssst, Liam? Do you have a notebook?" He whispered, not wanting to wake up Harry who was sleeping on his shoulder.

Liam got his backpack and pulled out a notebook and a pen and handed it over. Louis wrote fireproof on the top and put his thoughts on paper. He gave Liam the notebook back.
"I wrote a chorus. Can you come up with the verses?"

Liam read his chorus and nodded his head with a smile. Louis relaxed and closed his eyes to catch some well-needed sleep.

Liam shook him awake when they were about to land and handed him the notebook. He had finished the song and Louis read it with a smile.

I think I'm gonna lose my mind
Something deep inside me, I can't give up
I think I'm gonna lose my mind
I roll and I roll 'til I'm out of luck
Yeah, I roll and I roll 'til I'm out of luck

I'm feeling something deep inside
Hotter than a jet stream burning up
I got a feeling deep inside
It's taking, it's taking all I got
Yeah, it's taking, it's taking all I got

'Cause nobody knows you, baby, the way I do
And nobody loves you, baby, the way I do
It's been so long, it's been so long, maybe you are fireproof
'Cause nobody saves me, baby, the way you do

I think I'm gonna win this time
Riding on the wind and I won't give up
I think I'm gonna win this time
I roll and I roll, 'til I change my luck
Yeah, I roll and I roll, 'til I change my luck

'Cause nobody knows you, baby, the way I do
And nobody loves you, baby, the way I do
It's been so long, it's been so long, you must be fireproof
'Cause nobody saves me, baby, the way you do

'Cause nobody knows you, baby, the way I do
And nobody loves you, baby, the way I do
It's been so long, it's been so long, maybe you were fireproof
'Cause nobody saves me, baby, the way you do

"Good job Liam. It's great!" Louis smiled and gave the notebook back.

"I can't believe that we have almost written another album. Just a few more songs and we're done." Liam said.

"Yeah." Louis said while he caressed Harry's hair to wake him up.

Harry nuzzled his face against his shoulder before he sat up and yawned.

They went through security and headed home. Harry and Louis crawled into bed and fell asleep right away.

They were woken up the next morning by the phone ringing. Louis answered with a rough "hello."

"Good morning Louis. This is Andrea from Modest calling to inform you that you have a date with miss Calder scheduled for today. I'll text you the information."

"You really don't waste any time." Louis snorted and hung up.

"Modest?" Harry mumbled.

"Yep. I have to see Eleanor today." Louis sighed and rolled around so he could spoon Harry.

"Great." Harry muttered and then his phone rang.

He checked the caller-id.
"What?" He answered snappily.

He listened to Andrea.
"You could have told Louis that when you called him a minute ago. We're in bed together as you know." He huffed and hung up.

He turned to his back to look at his boyfriend.
"I also have a date."

"Fantastic." Louis worded sarcastically.

"I hate this Lou. I hate being their puppet and there's nothing I can do about it." Harry pouted, looking sad.

Louis pecked his lips and caressed his cheek lovingly before he started to sing softly.

Cause nobody knows you, baby, the way I do
And nobody loves you, baby, the way I do
It's been so long, it's been so long, you must be fireproof
'Cause nobody saves me, baby, the way you do

"New song?" Harry smiled.

"Yeah, Liam and I wrote it on the plane." Louis answered.

"I love it." Harry replied and pulled him down for a kiss. "Now, make me forget that we have to date today."