Chapter 3- Learning the Truth

We return to North's workshop in silence, and I can't stop thinking about Pitch, and why I felt so at ease with him, I've never been like that with anyone. There was just something about him that made me feel relaxed and happy. I haven't felt happy in years. "Oi, Jack you ok?" I nod my head not really wanting to speak what's on my mind, we walk into a room with a large globe in it, and we take a seat in the couches, I sit alone lost in thought until Tooth flys over with a small gold box. "What's this?" she gives me a gentle, "This holds your memories Jack" I take the box looking it over, something about it doesn't seem right, "how do I open it" I try to sound interested, "simply place your hand on it and you'll remember whatever Manny needs you to remember" I look at her, "will any of you be able to see what I see" she shakes her no, I place my hand on the box and golden light shines from it and I'm taken to the world I see so often in my dreams.

I see the Kozmotis standing guard at the black door in his golden armor, then I'm walking the next to the river hearing the screams once more I run to them like always, and as always I see nothing but darkness then I see the bodies and finally I see Pitch on his horse ready to attack me, but he lowers his scythe, I expect to black out and feel myself hitting something but I don't. Instead once he's close enough he gets off his horse and walks closer to me, and I try to back away from him but he grabs me by my wrist, "well, well what do we have here," he grins and I see his shark like teeth, I try to get away but he strengthen his grip on me pulling me forward and I land on my knees. "Nope, you see little one my friends are telling me not to kill you for some reason so I'm going to listen to them and your going to come with me" fear has already begun to take over me and I try to run but it's pointless, his grip tightens more and yell out in pain a little making him grin more. And finally the darkness envelops me and I sleep.

I begin to wake and try to move but I can't my eyes shoot open and look to see why I can't move, I sit on the ground with my wrists chained above me, I try screaming but can't something must be stopping me, after what feels like hours a door opens nearby that I hadn't noticed and Pitch walks through it and starts walking towards me, I want to run but I know it's useless, he finally comes close enough and kneels down to my height placing his hand on my cheek, I try to move but he grips my chin holding me in place. "Why won't my friends let me kill you, what's so special about you" this close to him he almost reminds me of Kozmotis, he moves his head to the side not looking at me but almost someone is talking to him, after a moment or two he looks back to me with an almost satisfied grin, "now I know why I can't kill you, my friends have a special porsouse for you later on dear boy. I must take my leave now but I will return, stay here won't you," he chuckles at his own joke and gets up walking away from and leaving me in the dark once again.

It seems like forever since he left sitting here chained to the wall, I'm cold, hungry and starting to lose feeling in my arms and hands. Finally the door opens once again and he stand their something in his hands walking over to me a table forms next to him, 'how did he do that', he sets whatever it is he's holding on the table and comes down to my height once again, "I'm going to remove your gag, if you yell or scream or do anything I will leave you in here without any food or drink, understand" I simply nod, "good, I'm also going to free your wrists but put a shackle on your ankle so you can't run. And if you behave I might consider leaving your hands free, if not you will be punished and re-chained like this. Is that clear" I nod, not wanting to cause myself more trouble, from the shadows he puts a chain around my ankle and release my wrists, I immediately pull them to my chest trying to get feeling back into them, I feel his hand under my chin lifting it so he can look at before the hand moves to the back of my head and I feel whatever it was that was on my mouth come off but I stay silent, "good" he grabs my arm making me stand up, and half leads half drags me to the table and somehow two chairs form and he makes me sit one of them while he sits in the other watching. "Eat up, and be glad I'm not allowed to kill you" I nod and start to eat whatever it is he brought with him, halfway through I want to ask him something but I stay quiet eating.