Chapter 17 : Return To Zero

Valentino, Vox and Velvet had all been waiting since Alastor forced Valentino to give up one of the auctions involving Angel, Velvet spent most of the time using social media to brainwash Sinners and see if they could control them to sneak into the hotel and redemption project. Most demons already knew to avoid the Three V's if they could but there were always new Sinners arriving in Hell so there were some that Velvet managed to manipulate with promises of fame, popularity and similar trappings.

Charlie and Vaggie had gotten busier since the auctions ended with the public involvement of the Radio Demon, it had generated a great deal of curiosity and attention towards the project and those involved with it, Recently Charlie spent most of her days interviewing with the demons that had expressed interest in the redemption project but was greatly disappointed when the majority of those that she was meeting only had goals like getting close to Alastor, Spending 'time' with Angel, Finding out if Alastor bought Angel, and other absurdities. Charlie waded through all the false interest and did find a few demons that had a real interest in the idea of redemption which for Charlie made all the trouble worth it.

Vaggie was busy managing the rooms and setting up schedules for the new demons as well as clearing out any drugs, etc. that they were trying to sneak inside, It was while Vaggie was showing a new demon their room that she caught sight of Rosie chasing after Charlie with papers in her hand. Vaggie paused a moment and snickered as Rosie had been drawn in by Charlie and it was possible to make money on the redemption project as a business, but until now it had been fully supplied and supported by Charlie's riches and was hemorrhaging money at an amazing rate. Rosie having reached Overlord through money and favors was furious and had been goaded into showing how to manage the hotel's finances, Rosie was returning the favor of being snared by drilling management fundamentals into Vaggie and Charlie nearly day in and day out.

Vaggie was turning back and saw a glimpse of a demon she didn't know heading down the hallway where Angel's room was, Vaggie thought it must've been one of the new arrivals that had gotten lost heading back to their room and sighed as she'd have to go search for them and help them find it once she was done getting this demon settled in. Vaggie cursed Alastor and wondered where he had gone off to so early in the morning but with the way his smile was glowing when he left, No one had bothered him or asked him anything.

Angel was getting out of the bath after getting cleaned up and for the first time in years Angel had a bit of a positive outlook to the day. Alastor and Angel had talked a lot yesterday while trying to work things out and there had even been a small spark of excitement at the end of the night, Angel touched his lips and the spots that Alastor had bitten and a smile slowly came across Angel's face. Angel was still hurt and angry with Alastor but he was surprised at how quickly his feelings were being soothed after spending a night cuddled together with Alastor, Angel laughed at himself in the mirror seeing the blush and smile on his face. "Oooh! You got it bad! You lucky bitch." Angel told himself and laughed again and then everything was black.

Alastor arrived at one of the studios that Vox was infamous for being at already in his Eldritch form, He didn't announce himself or wait for anyone to notice him before his large scythe was swung in a giant X and the front wall of the building started collapsing. Screams and panic rose immediately as all the demons inside tried to escape the debris and Alastor's wrath as he carelessly swung his scythe around him, cutting, killing, destroying all as Alastor walked through the building pausing only when he noticed someone making a call. Alastor tapped into the radio waves and listened for a moment before recognizing the voice and then Alastor only yelled one word with the full force of his voice and power, "VOX!". Alastor now knew he wasn't here and instead of searching Alastor went to the roof and began a large scale spell with the sigil covering the entire roof, Alastor chanted for about 3 minutes and then yelled out "HELL FIRE!!". Alastor stood in the midst of the flames and was untouched by them as the entire building, demons, materials, Everything was reduced to pure ash.