hUmAn water?

"Wait. Are you...K-Keefe Sencen!?"
I couldn't seem to find the words, what is happening-

He just smirked and didn't seem surprised I knew my name.

"Sure thing!"
He smiled at me.

"I-i've read about you, and..." I stood there astoundingly for another moment before shaking away my sense of awe.

Suddenly recovering my curiosity, I pulled him inside.

"Holding my hand so soon?"

I imagined him sencing (get it) my emotions and quickly let go of his hand.

"Haha! Don't worry about it. My abilities don't really. . . work here."

Narrowing my eyes, I led him to our living room- the least cluttered area of the house at the moment.

"YOU, have ALOT of explaining to do! Aren't you supposed to be with Sophie, or- something,, fighting the NEVERSEEN??"

I huffed.

"YEAH, well when I found out I could visit you, I couldn't resist journeying out here." He paused.

"Wait. How did you know-"

"SIT." I basically commanded him.

Sure, this may be the one and only Keefe Sencen I'm talking to, but did that mean I had to be nice? Do fictional characters receive more...oh nevermind. I didn't even know if he was Keefe anyway. He could be an imposter.

An insanely good imposter.

"Okay, well first things first. How in the heck do you know my name? And how did you GET here!" I asked once he was seated.

"Well, it all started when Sophie recommended this book to me." He sighed.

I quirked an eyebrow.

"It looked interesting! And Sophie gave it to me, so you know I had to read it." He smirked.

I felt a twinge of jealousy.

"carry on." I urged him.

"Well, you see, this book was about...you."

"Wait. What?"

"Yeah!"

I pondered this for a moment, then gradually started to mentally freak out as I thought of all the embarrassing things he most likely read. . .

"But...why would you want to read a book about ME? My life is so. . . uninteresting." I had to ask.

He looked taken back.

"Are you KIDDING? That prank you played on your science teacher was GENIUS. I actually almost thought about copying it and doing on my alchemy mentor." His lips twitched.

I gave a small smile.

"It was pretty good, wasn't it?" I laughed.

"Heck yeah!! And that time when your ex-boyfriend broke up with you, I wanted to KILL HIM." He said, blushing a little.

I blushed.

"Yeah, that was pretty sad,"
I looked down, letting the nastolgia creep in, before I remembered exactly why he had broken up with me.

He broke up with me, because thought I WAS TOO INVESTED IN FICTIONAL CHARACTERS. Like, yeah, maybe I'm a little obsessed. But jeez give me a break.

Keefe didn't seem to notice. Hmm. Maybe his abilities really don't work here.

"And that time when someone dared you to sled off your roof, and you actually DID it! I mean, I know why you did it, but still, totally cool." He side smiled at me.

I blushed even harder, thinking about that dare and how I only did it because my crush was watching.

"But enough about about you. How exactly do you know me?" He smirked.

"Uhh, you're a character in my favorite book series, called Keeper of the Lost Cities," I mentioned, deciding not to say that he's my favorite character ever.

He grinned as if he could see right through me. "I figured about as much. Well, now that you see me in person, what's your opinion on the Keefester?"
He gestures to himself.

My breath caught.

"I-"

He laughed. Alot.
"I'm kidding!"

Huffing, I stomped to the kitchen. "Chaaaanging the subject, do you want some water??"

He agreed, seeing that I obviously didn't want to talk about my love life.

We stepped into the kitchen, and a quick glance at the clock told me I was late for school. Screw school though. There was no way i'm leaving at this point.

I handed him a cup of water. And filled up my own cup. He looked curiously at it, and then cautiously took a sip, as if it might be poisonous or something.

I rolled my eyes and chugged mine.

Keefe spit the water out so fast I couldn't even blink an eye.
Only problem was, when he spit it out, he got a little on my shirt.

"BLEH WHAT IS THIS CRAP. IT TASTS LIKE GULONS MIXED WITH ALOCORN POOP."

What kind of a jerk IS HE?? Just because I'm a human and we don't have fancy elvin "bottle of youth" doesn't mean he can treat our water like garbage.

I kept my voice early calm, because a book once told me that it freaks your victims out even more.

"Well, If you don't like what we 'humans' have here your perfectly welcome to go back to your pretty pants elvin world."

And with that I stomped upstairs to change my shirt, leaving Keefe to gape at me.

*****imma be mean and leave you at a cliff-hanger just like Shannon! Fluff scene in next chapter! 🥺 Thank you all for being so amazing!!****