𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

a/n: ugh theres kind of a lot of jumps in this one too.

the art described in this chapter are not actual pieces of art, i made them up :]

Draco woke up before Harry.

Harry was on his side, facing away from Draco. Draco was absentmindedly staring at the back of Harry's head, thinking over what he had said to Draco the night before.

I don't think you truly hate me as much as you lead on, and neither do I

He sighed with frustration and looked away from Harry.

"You don't hate me. Yeah, right." Draco had scoffed. "What are you playing at? I know you do."

"Malfoy, I don't. That would be childish. I may not be very fond of you, but that doesn't mean I despise you." Harry had replied. "I'm going to sleep now, I'm tired. Goodnight, Malfoy."

"Goodnight." Draco mumbled.

Draco frowned at the ceiling. Too many thoughts were running through his head to notice the boy in the bed next to his waking up.

"Morning." a voice said from beside him.

Draco jumped and looked to his left to see Harry rubbing his eyes with the backs of his hands.

"What time is it?" Harry asked. Draco blinked a few times, then looked at the small clock standing on the nightstand between them. The clock read 6:52am. They needed to meet their class down in the lobby at 7:15, so they could receive the assignment and leave for the museum at 7:30.

"We have got to get ready, it's almost 7." Draco told him while stepping out of the bed. "I'll be in my washroom getting ready, so don't bother me."

And just like that, Harry was alone again. Harry started to consider just staying in bed and falling back asleep, but he decided against it. Doing the same as Draco, Harry stood up and made his way to his own washroom.

~

Draco and Harry had made their way down to the lobby. Draco, of course, put on a black suit and decided to leave his hair without product. Harry wore jeans and a black hoodie.

There was a group of students already formed in the seating area down at the lobby. Harry spotted Ron and Blaise first. They were talking, and it seemed...civil. Ron even laughed at something Blaise had said. Hermione and Pansy were strayed from the group, whispering and laughing.

Harry stole a glance up at Draco, who was picking at his nail and not paying attention towards Harry's existence. Harry subtly rolled his eyes but looked back at the teacher who had begun talking.

"Each pair will be getting a different muggle art piece to study. You are to find it on your own. I will give you each a disposable camera, and you will be taking a picture of the art piece you were assigned. When you come back, I will be giving each of you a sheet to fill out about the art you were given. An easy first assignment, right?

"After taking a photo of the art, you may explore around the entire museum. There's a coffee shop located on museum grounds, so you may purchase breakfast or lunch there. I would like you all to be back here by at least 5:00pm. Until then, do your first task and have fun." their Professor spoke to the class.

Draco and Harry were one of the last pairs to receive their assignment. Cynthia smiled down at the two, and handed them a piece of paper and their camera. Draco took the camera as Harry took the paper.

As they walked off, Harry opened the paper and read it aloud.

"Fields by Dalia. Seems simple enough, let's get going." Harry announced, stuffing the paper in the pocket of his sweatshirt.

~

Side by side, Draco and Harry walked into the large museum. It was early, but it was already swarmed with crowds of people and tourists. Beautiful art of all kinds was displayed over the walls.

"Don't get distracted, we need to find our piece." Draco said impatiently at Harry, who was running his eyes over each painting in the room. Harry had only been to a museum once when he was 9. It was a science museum for Dudley's birthday, and as you could guess, it wasn't nearly as interesting as this.

"I've never been to any place like this before." Harry said to no one in particular. Draco furrowed his brows. He always wondered what it was like for Harry to grow up as the golden boy. Was it as great as he thought it was?

Harry eventually snapped out of it. "Sorry, let's go look."

After what felt like ages, they finally found the painting they were looking for.

It was big, and one of the most beautiful paintings either of them had ever seen. There was so much to look at; rolling hills, the golden sunset, the flowers, or the cottage placed far in the distance.

"I would love to live in a place like that one day. It seems so peaceful, don't you think?" Harry asked quietly.

Draco hummed in acknowledgment, quietly observing the painting in front of them. Harry wanted to say something and help Draco feel more comfortable to talk, but he felt that wasn't a good idea.

"Give me the camera." Harry reached his hand out to Draco. Draco pulled the camera out, and placed it in Harry's hands. Harry propped the camera up to his eye, and took a picture of the art. A developed picture of the painting slowly printed from the camera, and Harry placed it in his pocket.

"One more." Harry stepped to the art description and snapped a picture of it as well. They now had two pictures, so they were done.

"Wanna get coffee then head back?" Draco suggested.

"Sure, let's go." Harry replied, putting the camera back in his pocket. They turned around, and followed the signs down to the coffee shop.

~

Draco and Harry were now sitting down in the small and almost empty cafe, Draco sipping his plain black coffee and Harry doing the same with his latte.

"Did you enjoy the museum?" Draco asked suddenly. Harry's eyes shot up to Draco's in surprise.

Trying to hide the shock in his voice, Harry replied, "Yeah, it was cool. I like this assignment. How about yourself?"

Draco leaned back further into his chair. "I had a pleasant time."

Harry nodded. An idea sparking in his head, Harry set down his latte and took the camera out of his pocket.

"What are you doing?" Draco asked cautiously.

Harry held the camera to his eye with a grin. "Smile!"

"No, Potter, I don't want to."

"Don't be lame, Malfoy."

"Lame? Seriously?"

"For Merlin's sake-"

"Fine, you prat!" Draco snapped. "Whatever floats your boat."

Harry silently cheered as Draco smiled slightly, not showing any of his teeth. You could see the anger in his eyes. However, this was good enough for Harry. Draco rolled his eyes with a laugh.

"You're such a Gryffindork Potter, you never know when to give up." Draco teased.

a/n: ugh it's like 4am and i'm not tired whatsoever. anyways, i hope you liked this chapter, and i'll be updating tomorrow probably!