To Ashes.

Rayna's POV

     I felt my blood run cold , 

The sound of the rustling trees and bushes as I sprint past them being drowned out by my inner panic.

"I can't feel our mating bond."  Scarlett's worry stricken voice filled my head once again the words being replayed as if on A broken record. 

I had immediately gotten up and sprinted into the direction of the house. Running in my human form would be longer but scar said it could be A trap and for me to not shift . 

Instead I pushed myself as hard as possible making it to the house in almost 15 minutes, 

The smell of rotting flesh mixed with Alois's scent made me sprint faster as the house came into view. 

The Pack house was eerily quiet, I circled around back into the training area seeing A pack warrior on the ground. I picked up speed, the smell of blood getting stronger the closer I had gotten .

Oh no 

Leaning over to get A look of his face tears formed in my eyes as I realized who it was.

I closed his eyes which were shot open in panic and said A soft prayer before running towards Alois's strong scent . 

It was Chase , A pack warrior who recently had his first child with A nurse named Kate. 

I remembered the look of pure excitement and joy he wore when announcing to us at training that Kate was 4 months along . 

That memory now being shadowed by the look of his mangled body lying on the ground , his eyes wide open . 

Focus Rayna 

Something is going on and whatever it is isnt good.. we can't afford to get distracted.

I sped in between trees towards Alois's scent being led to A clearing in the middle of A familiar looking forest. I stood in between the trees lining careful not to be seen .

I scoped the area as memories flooded in . 

This is where Kyland brought me back then isn't it ?

But who were these people ?

I recognized Demitri as well as Alois's Father but who was this third person ? His presence felt like that of an Alpha but nothing that could be comparable to Alois's presence. 

In front of them was Alois who was holding his chest , his breathing ragged as he struggled to not fall over. 

What's going on? Why aren't they helping him . 

Demetri turned away looking back once before clenching his fist and sprinting away .

I'm getting A bad feeling Rayna.  Scar spoke full of worry. Chi agreeing. 

They were right. Something didn't feel right. 

I looked back at Alois who was now on one knee struggling to get up.

The Unknown man approached him gripping his hair . 

I growled softly feeling my eyes flicker as Scar threatened to break out. 

The man tilted Alois's head back holding A knife to his throat 

A loud growl erupted from my throat making everyone's head turn to me 

Shit they know we're here 

Within seconds I had shifted scratching the man with my claws,

 I stood in front of Alois in a protective stance