Chapter 10

CHAPER 10

In spite of this strange event, next morning Morgana felt almost happy. She tried to imagine, what would be if she and Merlin would leave Camelot. It was unbearable to think about scary dreams or about a calling voice of a druid boy. And still on that day another strange event happened, that made her remember something, that she had tried to forget so carefully.

At the market where Morgana went in company of Gwen to have fun and buy herself new ornaments, one of sales-women, a rather young blond, whose long hair was covered with a dark veil, addressed the king's ward.

- If my lady wishes, I have something very interesting for her, - she said, pulling the girl to her stall. Thrilled Morgana obediently followed her, without noticing that Gwen had gone far forward.

The sales-woman held out to Morgana a broad silver bracelet decorated with big gem stones. Obeying to this sudden impulse, the girl took it and looked closer at the patterns. They were so beautifully and neatly engraved, that Morgana couldn't take her eyes off. And it seemed, that warmth was emanated from the bracelet.

- It will help you to sleep well at night, my lady, - the sales-woman said.

- How do you? - Morgana started with astonishment, but she fell silent, fascinated by the amazing sun rays play, reflected in gem stones.

- You have dark circles under your eyes, - the woman replied simply.

Morgana understood, this was a magical thing having a big power. She wanted to say, that she couldn't take such a gift, but, raising her eyes, she saw with amazement, that nobody was next to her.

This was very weird. How could this woman know about her and her sleeping problems? She must have been a witch. Perhaps, she should have told Merlin about it, as well as about the voice calling her, but for some reasons Morgana didn't do it. And she didn't show him a bracelet. But she did sleep very well this night.

After breakfast Uther gathered all the knights in the throne room and again he spoke about magic and sorcerers that, as he said, "were spreading in Camelot and in its outskirts now". Morgana felt her insides squeezed, having remembered the sales-woman at the market, and hid her silver bracelet, that she was wearing all the time now, under her long sleeve.

She tried to catch Merlin's eyes who was also at this meeting but he didn't look at her. He seemed sad, and there was no wonder about it after Uther's words. Morgana felt even sadder. Besides, having found out that magic could be not dangerous but very useful, she was even more surprised by narrowness of the king's thinking. So, she just had to say a couple of words about it.

- Many of these people don't do anything bad and I suppose we should leave them alone, - she said forefeeling she'd have to pay for her words, but she didn't care. And although she was talking very softly, Uther shook at the sound of her voice, as of a slap and even Arthur looked terrified.

However, no matter that Morgana was ready for a punishment for her contrariness, Uther for some reasons pretended he hadn't heard his ward's words and went on with his speech prepared before. Ironically it was about harm that evil wizards and sorcerers cause to the kingdom. Understanding that her intervention wouldn't be successful, Morgana decided to keep silent this time. And having raised her eyes, she saw that Merlin was no longer in the throne room...

Hardly having waited for the evening, Morgana put on her dark cape, that was supposed to hide her from the prying eyes, and hurried outside the city walls, where Merlin had to wait for her. Seeing him, she cried happily and wanted to embrace her lover, but he suddenly stepped away.