Chapter 1

I woke up to someone screaming my name.

                        "Abigail! Abigail!" they said shaking me awake,

                       "Get up there's a fire!" They screamed. I sat strait up seeing a smoke filled room with my sisters face staring at me. She had panic in her eyes. I shot out of bed not believing what was happening.

                     "We need to get out of here, NOW!" She decided. I nodded, covering my mouth and nose with my pajama shirt. She did the same. I sqauted on the ground and crawled over to the window. I got up and tried to open it. I didn't know how,  so I thought about breaking it, but I don't know if it would break, it was a sturdy window. What was I thinking? We were on the third floor, so if we dropped down we would probably die and I'm not risking that.

                  "We can't go through the window, we'll die once we hit the ground. We have to get out of here though, so we'll have to go through the door." I called to her. I sqauted down again and crawled over to our door. I stood up and touched the handle, it wasn't to hot so I decided to open it. There was so much smoke it was hard to breath. I heard my sister behind me.
               "You ok Layla?" I asked, turning around to face her.

                 "Yeah," She coughed. "Let's try and get out of here." I nodded and turned around to the hallway. I crouched low again and crawled over to the stairs. I looked down through the railing and saw a a bunch of smoke coming from the kitchen.