Carmen Sandiego Idea(Adopt Me!)

(Magical Halfa: Male Reader x Carmen Sandiego)

Requested by: Nomadskout8

A car drives down a road at night in Poitiers, two detectives are looking out for two super thieves.

Chase: "In just the last few weeks, this Carmen Sandiego and Ringtail has managed to rob millions of euros combined from a Swiss bank, a high-end art gallery in Cairo, and a Shanghai amusement park."

Chase Devineaux is a brash, often bumbling detective assigned to apprehend these super thieves. Chase Devineaux wears a brown suit jacket with a striped brown/red tie and a plain white shirt underneath. His complexion is fair with a slightly darker, broad mustache/beard and his hair a light shade of brown.

With him is his partner Julia Argent, a young woman in her mid-20s. Julia Argent has short cut hair navy blue hair with a blue shine and fair skin who wears darkly rimmed round glasses. Julia Argent is of mixed-heritage of Chinese and British, having a fair skin tone with freckles on her cheeks and nose bridge. She dresses professionally and has a slender build of a female law enforcement officer with applicable physical activity.

Julia: "Before vanishing without a trace. Headquarters has yet to discern any pattern except that Carmen Sandiego wears a scarlet coat and fedora, while Ringtail wears an orange flat cap, a black and white mask to cover their face, an orange elbow-sleeved shirt with a black collar, black boots, black gloves with orange cuffs and cargo shorts. They seem to announce their crimes by making random public appearances beforehand."

Chase: "Such as the nearby cafe sighting earlier today. So we must ask ourselves: Who in the world is Carmen Sandiego and Ringtail? Why would thieves draw attention to themselves by leaving clues and wearing bold colors?"

They keep on driving, Julia is using her tablet to look over all the sightings of said thieves. One at a train station with a red trench coat with a fedora figure, then the next photo and an orange figure is on top of a temple. Before sliding to the last photo where both of them can be seen, while Carmen Sandiego hides behind the corner and Ringtail is leaning back in a chair.

Julia: "Perhaps stealing's a game to them."

Chase: "Ha! The game is over. Both of them are in my jurisdiction now, though I question why."

Julia: "Poitiers is rich with medieval history. Perhaps Carmen and Ringtail are targeting a priceless antique or historical artifact from one of its many churches, or--"

Julia started to name facts on why Ringtail and Carmen Sandiego are stealing an item here in Poitiers. When their car passes an alleyway a shadow appears on the wall before disappearing, Chase slams his foot on the break making the tires screech.

Chase: "Ms. Argent, you are an agent of Interpol, not a museum guide. So you may stop sharing dull facts about boring things. You have been on the force merely a fortnight, have you not? You have so much to learn, and since you have been assigned to my department--"

While Chase was talking Julia looks out the car mirror, to see Carmen Sandiego right behind their car. Her eyes widen and she turns to Chase and tries to tell him about Carmen.

Julia: "Um, uh--"

Chase: "--I, Chase Devineaux, will be your teacher."

Julia: "Inspector Devineaux, Sir--"

Chase: "Nuh-uh-uh. Sit back, watch, and learn how to catch a thief."

Julia: "She's right there!"

Julia was finally able to get her to answer, Chase who looked confused and turned his head back to see where Julia was pointing. They both see Carmen using a grappling hook to hoist herself up on top of a building.